Open for Business
The City of Gold Coast supports local businesses and provides a range of services and programs to assist business owners.
Whether you're starting a new business, looking to expand or relocate your business, looking to comply with legislation or seeking training, we can provide advice or point you in the right direction.
The team assists with the ease of doing business across the City which includes:
Business grants and programs
City of Gold Coast’s Business Program has been designed to support the city’s high-growth businesses. The Open for Business Toolkit promotes City of Gold Coast, Queensland and Australian Government programs, with a focus on encouraging business growth.
Use the Stage of business flow chart to help identify which business programs and resources may potentially suit your business growth needs.
The City’s Business Program include:
- Growth Accelerator
- Business Online
- Securing Council (supply) contracts workshops
- Supply Chain Development Program
- Emerging Exporters Program
Contact our Business and Industry Engagement Team by emailing email@example.com.
Learn more about the way the City conducts and carries out procurement including ‘buy local’ governance, procurement policy and annual City Contracting Plan.
Use our online form to register your interest as a potential supplier to the City.
Permits and licencing
If you need a permit or licence from City of Gold Coast visit our Permits and licensing section to find out more, or you can search our Permits and licensing list to find what you're looking for faster.
Providing better access to your business
The information booklet, Providing better access to your business - information booklet, provides information that can help small businesses to:
- attract more customers by providing better access to your business
- meet your legal responsibilities
- improve access for all your customers.
For more information please phone 07 5581 6642 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Workplace Travel Program will help your employees save money, demonstrate alternative ways to travel to work and ease local congestion by encouraging your visitors and workforce to consider smarter workplace travel.
The Workplace Travel Program helps to:
- save your employees' money
- increase the travel choices for employees and visitors travelling to and from your workplace
- reduce local traffic congestion
- improve recruitment choices and employee retention
- mitigate the impact road works and events have on your business
- manage servicing, freight and deliveries for your workplace during city-wide events.
Contact our Workplace Travel Team on 1300 GOLDCOAST (1300 465 326) or 07 5582 8211, or email email@example.com.
Gold Coast economy and statistics
City of Gold Coast provides an economic advisory service that helps businesses make strategic decisions about expanding or relocating to the Gold Coast.
- Grants and programs for Gold Coast business
- Economic Development Strategy
- International trade and investment
- Major Projects
- Support for local business
- What stages of business are you?