The City of Gold Coast (City) has a long established international profile that began with the growth in international tourism in the 1960s which has been reinforced by major local and international investment in the tourism industry as well as the steady arrival of overseas immigrants in recent years.
The Office of the Mayor is responsible for deriving economic and cultural benefits from the City's Sister City relationships and international connections.
This includes initiatives designed to:
- Continue to grow the diversity, strengths and quality of the City’s international connections, with a focus on real opportunities in a range of fields including trade, investment, education and tourism
- Enhance relationships with active Sister Cities, international associations and networks, with an increasing focus on economic development opportunities
- Promote the Gold Coast as a destination for international businesses
- Facilitate inbound delegation requests and assist with outbound trade missions
- Provide protocol advice to internal and external stakeholders.
For further information, please call the Office of the Mayor on +61 7 5581 7525 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to submit a request for Council of the City of Gold Coast to host an international delegation, please complete the International Inbound Delegation Visit Request form and email it to: email@example.com.Jump to key information