The City of Gold Coast (City) has established an investment attraction program to support and encourage new business investment to the city.
The program incorporates a suite of services to facilitate investment or business relocation including:
- financial assistance
- itinerary development
- streamlined development applications
- business case development
- site selection
- government facilitation
- workforce development
- ongoing support.
Our program targets companies wanting to relocate or expand to the Gold Coast from export focused and knowledge-based industry sectors.
For companies interested in accessing financial assistance under our program the following eligibility criteria will apply:
- the applicant must have a successful and proven track record and the capability (technical, managerial and financial) to carry out the activity proposed
- the applicant must have been operating profitably for at least the past two years
- the applicant company must provide significant net economic benefits to the city that will result in the creation of sustainable jobs for the city’s workforce
- the applicant must have, or can obtain, an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- the applicant must not be a Gold Coast registered business unless it can be demonstrated that the business is implementing a new business stream or activity resulting in significant ongoing economic impact (all eligibility and assessment criteria must still be met)
- the proposed activity must be commercially viable in the absence of any financial assistance that may be provided by City of Gold Coast
- the proposed activity must not cause significant detriment to, and/or be a substitute for, existing businesses located within the Gold Coast City
- the proposed activity must not have been committed to or commenced within the Gold Coast City prior to applying for our program
- the proposed activity must be contestable with other cities, states or countries the proposed activity must not compromise national and international obligations for Queensland and Australia.
Application and approval process
To discuss your eligibility to access financial assistance and the timeframes involved please contact us.
Once deemed eligible, the calculation of financial assistance is based upon the first two years of the new operation within the City of Gold Coast and takes into consideration capital investment, full time job creation, and research and development.
Final approval will be at the discretion of the City of Gold Coast. All offers of financial assistance offers are conditional and subject to contractual obligations in achieving agreed milestones and reporting requirements.
For more information contact our Investment Attraction Team:Jump to key information