Celebrate Gold Coast
Celebrate Gold Coast is a free family event that provides an opportunity for our community to kickstart summer and celebrate everything that is quintessentially Gold Coast - our culture, lifestyle, food and sense of fun.
Heading the entertainment line-up this year is ARIA award-winning indie pop band Sheppard. The group's second single, Geronimo, achieved platinum status in April 2014.
This year's highly interactive event will focus on our enviable beach lifestyle, inviting you to slap on some sunscreen and slip off your shoes and immerse yourself in a wide range of surf and sand themed activities. Some of these activities include:
- food stalls serving breakfast, brunch and lunch
- yoga, pilates and tai chi classes
- BMX and skate demonstrations
- learn to skate cruiser clinics
- cooking demonstrations featuring Paul Bullpitt from My Kitchen Rules
- beach volleyball
- surfing lessons
- beachology sessions
- Make-A-Wish Australia
- sand sculpting
- surfboard display by Surf World
- surfboard shaping by Richard Harvey
- surfing culture car display
- surf rescue demonstration
- rock climbing
- stands featuring information on the City's Active Travel, Active & Healthy and our Lifeguard programs
- Channel 9 with the Big Brother Diary Room and The Footy Show passing competition
Date: Sunday 28 September 2014
Time: 7am - 1pm
Location: Queen Elizabeth Park, Marine Parade, Coolangatta
Parking: Marine Parade and Griffith Street. You can also ride, scooter or walk to the event.
Celebrate Gold Coast will travel to the hinterland in 2015, where the city's freshest food and finest wines will be on display.