Active & Healthy program
City of Gold Coast's award winning Active & Healthy Program has been getting thousands of residents up, out and active every week for many years. There are over 170 free or low cost activities running weekly across the city.
The Active & Healthy program is a great way to enjoy our parks, exercise, inhale the fresh air, meet interesting people, have a laugh and learn something new. All activities are:
- free or low-cost
- with qualified and friendly instructors
- catered to suit all ages and fitness levels
- a great opportunity to meet new people and develop new interests
Start your own health and fitness journey today
- Check out the calendar and find an activity that suits you.
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear, hat and sunscreen.
- Bring along a towel, water bottle and any other equipment listed for your activity.
- Call the instructor if a booking is required.
It only takes a small change. Instead of telling yourself you can't, tell yourself you can.
Our Active & Healthy program encourages all Gold Coasters to make being active part of their everyday lives. No matter what your activity and fitness level, the Active & Healthy program can help motivate you to improve.
Regular physical activity can help keep us physically and mentally fit, as well as healthy and happy. It also plays a vital role in keeping our weight under control. Daily life is full of opportunities for putting our energy to good use, so why not take advantage of it?
The Active & Healthy city-wide program is now online with booklets available from all City of Gold Coast customer service centres and libraries. The program is jam packed with lots of new activities and programs designed to get you up, out and active in the beautiful Gold Coast.
The program runs from 21 July 2014 through to 7 June 2015.
- over 170 free and low cost Active & Healthy activities per week
- fitness activities including tai chi, yoga, group fitness, stroller groups, small sports, senior exercise classes and much more
- sport and recreation activities such as walking and running groups, cycling workshops, parkruns and various sporting activities to try out
- wellbeing and healthy cooking workshops and seminars
- nature based activities including Naturally GCworkshops, community planting programs, beach care and workshops and programs at the Botanic Gardens
- lifestyle activities such as craft in the park, rainbow tie dye spiral workshops, photography walks and pop up playgrounds
- new Yugambeh Mobo activities and events to connect residents to local Aboriginal stories, language, tastes and culture
- school holiday program.
Contact our Active & Healthy team by email email@example.com or phone 07 5581 7723.