Gold Coast City Australia Day Awards
2015 Australia Day Awards - do you know a local hero?
The City of Gold Coast’s Australia Day Awards program recognises and honours the outstanding achievement of individuals and groups within our community.
The Awards identify excellence in sporting, environmental and cultural endeavours, as well as naming the Gold Coast Citizen of the Year and Gold Coast Young Citizen of the Year.
The Awards are offered in the following six categories:
- Gold Coast Citizen of the Year recognises outstanding members of the community for their personal endeavours, achievements and community input.
- Gold Coast Young Citizen of the Year recognises young citizens for their personal endeavours, achievements and community input.
- Gold FM Community Service Award recognises individuals or groups who have provided outstanding service to the community.
- Sports Achievement Award recognises the committed sportsperson, coach, administrator or official whose actions inspire others and enrich the community through sport.
- Environmental Achievement Award recognises individuals or groups who demonstrate genuine passion for the environment and strive to improve it.
- Cultural Achievement Award recognises individuals or groups involved in the city’s rich cultural and arts community.
How to nominate
To nominate a Gold Coast citizen for an award, please apply online or download a nomination form here or pick one up from your local library or Customer Service Centre.
Once complete, mail to:
City Events - Australia Day Nominations
PO Box 5042
GOLD COAST MC 9729
Nominations close on 14 November.
Announcing the Winners
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony breakfast on Friday 16 January 2015 at the Arts Centre Gold Coast. All accepted nominees will be invited to attend the ceremony.
To make any enquiries regarding the 2015 City of Gold Coast Australia Day Awards, please contact the City Events team on 07 5581 5286.
Proudly supported by: