Beaches to Bushland Volunteer Restoration Program (Bushcare and Landcare groups)
The Gold Coast's beautiful natural environment allows us to enjoy a lifestyle like no other city. By volunteering in a Bushcare or Landcare group you can help protect, maintain and enhance our natural areas and make a difference to your local, natural environment. Meet like-minded people and learn new skills that can be applied in your backyard.
The program aims to:
- Connect community and conservation
- Improve the integrity, structure and health of Gold Coast native vegetation so that ecosystems can function sustainably
- Encourage active community involvement to manage bushland areas
You can play a part in protecting these areas by joining a group and participating in activities such as;
- Planting native trees where required
- Identifying and controlling environmental weeds
- Identifying and encouraging native species
- Maintaining your site.
If you are a school, university or TAFE student or student group looking for ways to gain experience in the conservation field this would be suited to you. Large groups will need to book prior to the day to ensure there is availability.
If you are a corporate organisation, school or community group looking to be involved in caring for our local environment, you may also be interested in our Community Planting Program, which specifically caters for larger groups.
Group works are coordinated by the City's Natural Areas Management Unit. For further information on how to join, or the most suitable group for you, please contact the Natural Areas Management Unit on 07 5581 1537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.