Community centres play an important role in providing opportunities for residents to engage in social, cultural, recreational and educational activities within their communities. The Gold Coast has over 40 venues across the city from Ormeau in the north to Kirra Hill in the south and west to Springbrook. These facilities receive over one million visitations a year.
Venues vary from small community halls to dynamic community hubs integrated with other facilities such as aquatic centres, branch libraries and parks. A number of the more recent additions include specialist spaces such as music recording studios, arts workshops, performance spaces and dance studios.
From yoga to Zumba™, weddings to conferences, band rehearsals to theatre performances, and training courses to community meetings - you name it, and there is a fair chance it is on at one of our community centres. To find out what activities are happening check out the 'what's on' guide for each venue.
If you’re looking for activities after school or during school holidays visit our Community Centres Youth Program page.
Most centres include function and meeting rooms, auditoriums or main halls, and kitchen facilities, making them ideal for community and private functions. The majority of centres are available for hire between 7am and 11pm daily.
More information can be found in the Community Centres conditions of hire and fees and charges documents.
Online booking enquiry
Use our online form to make a booking enquiry for one or more of the community centres managed by the City.
If you prefer to complete a booking enquiry form offline, download the Community Centre Booking Enquiry Form below.
For more information about a community centre near you, select a location below.
- Coombabah - Marj Shipman Community Centre
- Coomera Community Space
- Coomera Neighbourhood Centre
- Helensvale Community Centre - North
- Helensvale Community Centre - South
- Helensvale Cultural Centre
- Banksia Park Hall - Hope Island
- Jacobs Well Community Centre
- Lynne Richardson Community Centre - Molendinar
- Ormeau Centre
- Oxenford Coomera Community Youth Centre
- Pacific Pines Community Hub
- Paradise Point Community Centre - large hall
- Paradise Point Community Centre - small hall
- Pimpama School of Arts
- Parkwood & Arundel Community Centre
- Runaway Bay Community Centre
- Runaway Bay Youth Centre
- Studio Village Community Centre
- Upper Coomera Centre
- Carrara Community Centre
- Labrador Community and Youth Centre
- Mermaid Beach Community Centre
- Mermaid Waters - Albert Waterways Community Centre
- Mudgeeraba Music Centre
- Bert Swift Community Centre - Nerang
- Nerang Bicentennial Community Centre
- Nerang Community Hall
- Robina Community Centre
- Southport Community Centre
- Fradgley Hall - Burleigh Heads
- Burleigh Waters Community Centre
- Elanora Community Centre
- Kirra Hill Community and Cultural Centre
- Springbrook Community Hall
- Tallebudgera Valley Community Hall
- Thrower House - Palm Beach
- Tugun Community Centre
- Varsity Lakes Community Centre
Major sports facilities
The City has several major sporting venues including the Gold Coast Cycle Centre, Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre, Runaway Bay Indoor Stadium and Gold Coast Athletics Centre. To find out more, visit our Sports facilities page.
Swimming and aquatic facilities
There are eight aquatic centres across the city. The centres vary in size and in the range of facilities, and each offers a variety of classes and activities for all ages and abilities, including squad swimming, learn to swim and aqua fitness. To find out more about the locations, hours of operation and facilities available, visit our Swimming and aquatic centres page.
Gold Coast parks
Pack a picnic, grab your friends and family and go and explore our very own natural playground. Parks are a place of adventure and discovery, peace and tranquillity, recreation and play. So what are you waiting for? Go and discover your own little piece of nature. Visit the Park finder page to find a park near you.
Other Gold Coast attractions
Find out about other Gold Coast attractions and things to do - visit our beachfront esplanades, shopping precincts and markets, exhilarating theme parks and relaxing restaurants. The Gold Coast's attractions are diverse and colourful in nature and offer a wealth of entertainment and activities for visitors and residents to enjoy.