The City is committed to supporting the diverse community organisations that operate across the Gold Coast. City-driven initiatives include:
Around 2000 community organisations on the Gold Coast undertake great work at the grassroots level, covering areas from acute support services, to craft groups, community transport services and football clubs.
The City has implemented a range of initiatives to support the voluntary sector. It provides resources to support new groups and build the capacity of existing groups. Initiatives include:
- an information kit for clubs and associations that explains how to form a new group or organisation
- training kits covering the key areas of governance, leadership, accessing funding and strategic planning
- an online community directory and printed guide so residents, visitors and organisations can find out about services and facilities in their local area.
Safety Information card
The City has developed a wallet-sized Safety Information card containing contact details of support services who may be of assistance in times of need.
Local donation opportunities
There are many local opportunities for donating money, goods and time.
On 21 August 2012, led by Mayor Tom Tate, the Councillors signed a declaration of support for World Kindness Australia. Councillor Glenn Tozer was appointed Council's Goodwill Ambassador for World Kindness. By signing the declaration, each Councillor has committed to supporting World Kindness Australia's endeavours to create a kinder society for our children to ultimately inherit.
- Community centres
- Council promotes a world of kindness
- Domestic violence
- Gold Coast Community Directory
- Housing and homelessness
- Our policies