Southport Community Centre
This centre is managed by City of Gold Coast (City). The City is responsible for taking bookings. Enquiries can be made as follows:
Phone: 07 5581 7227
The booking office is contactable between 8am and 5pm from Monday to Friday.
Please indicate the venue, type of event and proposed date when making a booking enquiry.
Detailed floor plans and a fees and charges guide will help you select a space that best suit your needs.
Located in the heart of Southport close to public transport, the Southport Community Centre is a two-level facility available to the community.
The ground level of the centre consists of a large multi-purpose hall with timber flooring which is ideal for functions, events and expos. Adjoining the hall are two performing arts rooms suitable for a variety of activities.
Lift access is available to the first level floor which consists of a fully-equipped conference room and carpeted meeting and activity rooms of various sizes which include accessible kitchen facilities.
- Multi-purpose hall - seats 450 theatre style
- Performing arts room 1 - capacity 80 people
- Performing arts room 2 - capacity 80 people
- Canteen-style kitchen
- Reception-style foyer area
- Meeting room G1 - capacity 20 people
- Meeting room G2 - capacity 20 people
- Meeting room G4 - capacity 60 people
- Conference room - capacity 80 people (available fully-equipped on request)
- Meeting room F1- capacity 20 people
- Meeting room F2- capacity 20 people
- Meeting room F3- capacity 60 people
- Meeting room F4- capacity 80 people
- Meeting room F5- capacity 50 people
Ground level kitchen facilities
Hot water unit, bain-marie, food warmer, microwave, large double-door fridges
Tables, chairs, kitchen facilities, air conditioning
The conference room is equipped with multi-functional data projector equipment including drop-down screen and HD television.
Disability access including lift between floors, limited off-street parking
Subject to conditions of hire