Please note: Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge of 0.60 per cent.
- Water bills (water and sewerage rate notices)
- Licence renewals
- Rate notices
- Infringement notices
- Dog registration renewals
- Planning applications (SmartForms only)
- Business partner notices
- SmartForm - other City payments
Online notices and account balance information
Find out how to register to receive your rate notices and water bills online. Use our online form to view your rates and water account balances and/or request a payment arrangement and submit other requests, e.g. change of mailing address, copy of notice.
Online licence renewal acknowledgements
Instructions for online payments
- Click on the relevant link above and a new window will open with a secure connection to the City of Gold Coast's Internet payment provider.
- Enter your Notice Number (located on the front of your rate notice, water bill, business partner notice, infringement notice or licence renewal.).
- Follow the online instructions.
Use this option to pay rates notices and water accounts by direct debit from your bank, credit union or building society using your cheque or savings account.
The online direct debit form is the preferred method of applying for or amending a direct debit as it is more convenient than lodging an application over the counter or by mail. If for some reason you are unable to access the online direct debit form, a PDF option is available below.
Request a direct debit
Complete and submit the online Direct Debit Request form to apply for a direct debit facility. You will need to select one of the following direct debit payment options:
- Due date - pay the full amount on the due date. Your rate notice and/or water bill will state how much will be withdrawn from your bank, credit union or building society on the due date of the notice.
- Periodic payments - you can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments and will need to state the amount, date and frequency of the payments you prefer on this form.
Before completing the Direct Debit Request please ensure:
- You know your notice number and you are the property owner or authorised representative
- The direct debit transactions are available from your account (check with your financial institution)
- You have selected a suitable direct debit date that your bank account will have sufficient funds
Please note: credit card accounts are not accepted.
Request changes to your existing direct debit
Complete and submit the online Direct Debit Change Request form if you wish to cancel your direct debit agreement or amend the frequency and/or the amount of the payments being debited from your bank account.
*To change your bank details, you will need to complete a new direct debit request.
- Rates, water, dog registrations, licence renewals and business partner accounts
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 731 (from outside Australia call +61 7 5667 5995) any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference Number: use the Notice Number.
- Planning application (SmartForms only)
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 793 710 any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference number: use the Notice Number.
- Infringement notices
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 841 any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference Number: use the Notice Number.
- Licence acknowledgements
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 837 and proceed as instructed.
Contact your bank or financial institution to make payment from your cheque, savings, debit or transaction account. For more information, visit www.bpay.com.au.
BPAY® and BPAY View® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
|Type of bill||BPAY® biller code||Reference number|
|Rates||85639||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with a “2”).|
|Water||868745||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with an “8”).|
|Business partner accounts||696963||Notice number|
|Dog registrations, licence renewals||696948||Notice number|
|Infringement notices||696930||Notice number|
|Planning applications (online application only)||474585||Notice number|
|Other City payments (online payment request)||474684||Notice number|
Rate and water notices, dog registration, licence renewals, business partner accounts
Simply enclose the payment advice and your cheque, money order or bank draft (in Australian currency) made payable to Gold Coast City Council in an envelope and forward to City of Gold Coast in the Reply Paid envelope provided or by addressing it to: City of Gold Coast, Locked Bag 1611, GPO Brisbane QLD 4001.
Planning applications and infringements
Please forward the planning application or infringement notice and your cheque, money order or bank draft (in Australian currency) made payable to Gold Coast City Council, to City of Gold Coast, PO Box 5042, Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9729.
- City of Gold Coast Customer Service Centres: Payments of all notices, infringements and applications can be made with cash, cheque, debit card, MasterCard or Visa.
- Runaway Bay and Burleigh Waters branch libraries, and Nerang Customer Service Centre have installed self-service payment kiosks where you can pay your rates and water notices using a touch screen device known as 'Albert', provided by the Commonwealth Bank.
To use the self-service payment kiosks simply scan your printed notice, or key in the nine digit notice number, enter the payment amount and follow the prompts.
Payment can be made with your debit card or credit card. A printed receipt will be available to confirm your payment.
Note: The Elanora Branch Library and Bundall Customer Service Centre trial has come to an end and these terminals have now been relocated to the above locations. This is a trial service which will end July 2016. Thank you for your participation and feedback.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Pay your rate or water notice or dog registration at any branch. Payment can be made using cash, cheque or money order.
- Australia Post: Pay your rate or water notice or dog registration at any Australia Post Office. Please present the entire notice when making payment. Payment can be made using cash or cheque only.
For further information, please contact City of Gold Coast:
- Infringements/parking - 07 5667 5989
- Infringements/all other - 07 5582 8211
- Dog licences - 07 5667 5987
- Planning applications - 07 5582 8866
- Business partners - 07 5581 6049 or 07 5581 6102
- Searches - 07 5667 5995 or 1300 366 659
- Filming permits - 07 5667 5987
- Park bookings - 07 5667 5972