City of Gold Coast officers aim to achieve the highest standards of integrity and accountability when doing business, working with the community and delivering services with the same standards expected from our business clients, suppliers and service providers.
This is in line with the Queensland Government's Local Government Act 2009 and the Code of Conduct for Staff, with the view to providing the best possible business practices and community, client and supplier outcomes.
How you can help
You can help by:
- respecting these ethical obligations
- not pressuring City officers to overlook ethical obligations
- avoiding collusion and unfair practices
- disclosing likely conflicts of interest
- maintaining confidentiality of information that is confidential
- providing accurate information
- helping deter unethical practices and/or fraud by promptly reporting your concerns.
Benefits and gifts
In accordance with the City's policy, officers must, as a general rule, refuse benefits, gifts, hospitality, travel or accommodation.
Unethical conduct or fraud is not acceptable and should be reported to our Integrity and Ethical Standards Unit in Corporate Assurance.
- Complete the Ethical Standards Complaint Form and return to us by mail, fax or email
- Email: IESU@goldcoast.qld.gov.au
- Phone: 07 5581 7468
- Fax: 07 5581 7538
- Post: Integrity and Ethical Standards Unit
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
GOLD COAST MC 9729
Please contact the Integrity and Ethical Standards Unit using one of the above methods.Jump to key information