Projects and strategies
We implement projects and strategies to strengthen the city's economy, protect our environment and improve services and facilities for our residents, businesses and visitors.
Key strategies and projects currently being implemented by the City are listed below.
For a full list of the projects and strategies being implemented by the City, go to our Projects and strategies category listing.
See all our projects and strategies related to arts and culture
See all our projects and strategies related to business and economic development.
- Destination Tourism Management Plan
- Economic Development International Plan
- Economic Development Strategy
- Gold Coast Marine Project
See all our projects and strategies relating to community development.
See all our projects and strategies related to environment and waste.
- Litter Enforcement Strategy
- Our Natural Playground Strategy
- Renewable energy projects
- Solid Waste Strategy
The City is also undertaking major projects under the scope of environment waste. Learn more about our conservation strategies below.
Koala Conservation Plan
See all our projects and strategies related to Gold Coast information technology and digital infrastructure.
View our strategies, plans and studies which form the basis of our oceans, beaches and waterways projects:
- Broadwater Marine Project
- Ocean Beaches Strategy
- Ocean-side Cruise Ship Terminal feasibility study
- Sustainable Flood Management Strategy
- Three Point Plan for Coastal Protection
- Total Management Planning for integrated catchments and waterways
See all our projects related to ocean, beaches and waterways.
Coastal protection projects
See all our projects and strategies related to parks and community facilities.
- Cavill Mall redevelopment
- Coplick Family Sports Park - redevelopment and expansion
- Sports field renovations schedule
See all our projects and strategies related to city planning.
- Building our City
- Centre Improvement Program - project showcase
- Landscape Character Study
- Southport Urban Heritage and Character Strategy Review
- Surf Parade, Queensland to Victoria Avenue
- Surfers Paradise Business Centre
- Tactical urbanism projects
See all our projects and strategies related to traffic and transport.
- Gold Coast Road Safety Plan 2015-2020
- Gold Coast City Transport Strategy 2031
- Gold Coast Rapid Transit Corridor Study
- Light rail
See the section below for details on our other major projects around the city.
Shared path projects
- Alexander Drive shared path upgrade
- Billinghurst Crescent shared path upgrade
- Broadwater Parklands shared path upgrades
- Broadwater Way from Sundale Green Bridge to Main Beach shared path upgrade
- Currumbin oceanway upgrades
- Narrowneck oceanway upgrades
- Nerang-Broadbeach Road shared path
- Nerang shared path upgrades
- Stapylton and Jacobs Well Road shared path construction
- Surf Parade and Margaret Avenue intersection and shared path upgrade
- Tugan to Bilinga oceanway upgrades
- Woodroffe Avenue shared path upgrade
- Bonogin Road black spot upgrades
- Brisbane Road pedestrian safety upgrades
- Burnside Road upgrade - stage one
- Congestion Busters
- Gold Coast Highway and Waterways Drive intersection upgrade
- High Street intersection upgrade
- Napper Road and Arundel Drive intersection upgrade
- Peachey Road and Ormeau Shopping Centre Access intersection upgrade
- Scottsdale Drive and Christine Avenue intersection upgrade
- Southport Mall improvements
- Traffic monitoring - installation of CCTV cameras
See all our projects and strategies related to water, sewerage and stormwater.