Division 13 - Cr Daphne McDonald
Division 13 is on the south east coast of the Gold Coast and includes the suburbs of Palm Beach, parts of Elanora, Reedy Creek and Burleigh Heads and a small part of Tallebudgera.
Cr McDonald is a long-standing Councillor of Gold Coast City, first elected in 1991. She held the position of Deputy Mayor from 2007 to 2012.
Phone: 07 5581 6228
Fax: 07 5581 6547
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
GCMC QLD 9729 Australia
Palm Beach office
26/11th Avenue, Palm Beach
Every Monday without an appointment from 9am to 11am.
I am also available by appointment to meet residents at my Palm Beach office or I will call on residents in their homes.
- Governance and Administration - Deputy Chair
- Community Services
- City Infrastructure
- Special Budget
- Member Palm Beach Currumbin High School Council
- Honorary Vice President, Pacific SLSC
- Diploma of Local Government Administration
- Certificate of Local Government Administration Level IV
- Disaster Management
- Local Disaster Management Group Induction
- Introduction to Evacuation
- Evacuation Planning
- Warnings and Alerts Resupply
- Mentoring Program
Awards and Certificates
- Life Membership - Australian Local Government Women's Association (QLD). This prestigious award was presented in recognition of service and contribution to women in Local Government.
- Ray Phippard Fellow - (No.39) Daphne was honoured to receive this Lions prestigious Ray Phippard Fellow Award in recognition of her outstanding service and commitment to the community.
- Paul Harris Fellow - Daphne was recognised with the honour of being named a Rotary Paul Harris Fellow in acknowledgement of her outstanding commitment to the community.
- Certificate of Service to Local Government - presented by The Honourable Dame Quentin Bryce, Governor-General 2008-2014.
- Certificate from Mayor - Leadership and Vision - Mayor, City of Gold Coast, Cr Ron Clarke, presented Daphne with a certificate for exemplary leadership and vision contributing towards Gold Coast Water being named, Global Water Intelligence 2009 Global Water Awards - Public Water Agency of the Year.
- Division 13 News
- Annual Plan and City Budget
- Council Divisions - maps, plus a listing of Divisions by suburb