During a disaster
Whatever the disaster, you need to 'Tune In - Log On - Listen Out - and Act!'
- Tune your battery powered radio to your local ABC radio station (ABC Gold Coast 91.7FM) for weather and warning updates.
- Turn your television to your local station to watch and listen for warning updates.
Queensland’s primary warning and alert information sources are:
- qldalert.com website for real-time, official information and updates on weather, emergency services operations, roads, transport and utilities.
- Bureau of Meteorology website for weather updates and warning information.
The City of Gold Coast Community Disaster Guide assists you before, during and/or after an event. The suggested steps help to protect your family, property and belongings in a disaster situation.
- For the Standard Emergency Warning Signal (SEWS) used at the beginning of serious warnings.
- For Emergency Alert voice messages to your landline and text messages to your mobile phone.
- For local community safety announcements (radio and television) for updates.
- For sirens and loud-hailer announcements, that Emergency Services may use in certain circumstances.
- For Emergency Services personnel who may door-knock your area to pass on warnings.
- Act immediately on the advice provided.
- Ensure all householders are aware of the warning and advice provided.
- Activate your Emergency Plan and your Pet Emergency Plan.
- Locate and collect your Emergency Kit.
- Activate your Evacuation Plan if required.
- Check on family, neighbours and friends who may need special assistance.
- Ensure you have a Pet Emergency Plan and Kit.
For life threatening emergencies at any time, phone Triple Zero (000).
For assistance during a disaster, telephone:
- City of Gold Coast Disaster Hotline on 1800 606 000; or
- State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500.
Follow this link to download our Emergency Contact List.
Information sheets in languages other than English are available on the Emergency Management Queensland website.