City of Gold Coast education
City of Gold Coast provides information, support and visits to schools who want to include Council’s role, work and governance structure in the curriculum. We also run programs to engage and educate young people about Council, and to recognise the contribution that children and young people make to our community. Our current programs and services are:
Gold Coast Libraries: In-service support about the City’s library services is available for teachers, as are library orientation sessions for classes. Contact your library for details.
Junior Council: This two-year program aims to provide high school students with an understanding and experience of active citizenship and foster a sense of being connected with the community. See our YouTube video about the program.
Resources about Council and visits to schools: if you would like any Council resources to use as part of the curriculum, or want to request a visit to your school by City officers, please phone each team directly:
- Animal management
- Coast education: 07 5552 8506
- Graffiti prevention: 07 5581 6074
- Industry and business: 07 5581 7521
- Lifeguards: 07 5581 6740
- Waste and Recycling: 07 5582 8799
- Water: 07 5582 8477
- Waterways education: 07 5581 7005
- General enquiries: 1300 130 854
School visits to Council Chambers: City of Gold Coast hosts school visits to the Council Chambers in Bundall. To arrange a visit, contact the Corporate Communication branch on 07 5581 6877.
- Business and industry education
- Community and lifestyle education
- Council's role in government
- Council overview - history, structure, planning and reports
- Education Centre
- Environment education
- Other City of Gold Coast websites
- School based education programs
- Social Media