City of Gold Coast (City) is committed to providing employees access to flexible work options that enhance their work life balance (where operational requirements permit), including:
- nine day fortnights based on 36.25 hours per week
- flexible work arrangements
- City employees receive a generous superannuation payment - nine (9.5) per cent in the first year and 12 per cent thereafter, or 12 per cent from the first year if the employee also contributes six (6) per cent.
- The City's current Certified Agreement contains provisions for increases in pay commencing 1 July each year. See the City's current Certified Agreement for relevant increases.
- Salaries and wages are paid weekly into a nominated bank account.
- Vehicle allowance for Senior Executives.
- All employees have the option to purchase a vehicle under our novated leasing scheme.
- Salary sacrifice provisions, vehicles on novated lease and superannuation.
- Study allowance provisions (up to $1250 per semester plus time off to study), plus a strong emphasis on developing our people.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - the employee assistance program provides 24 hour nationwide confidential counselling services for employees and their families going through personal or work related problems.
- Employee gyms based at the Nerang and Bundall offices.
- Active Social Club with weekly raffles and various events throughout the year, for example weekend shopping trips, movie nights and more.
- Corporate health plan with BUPA.
- Commonwealth Bank (corporate bank) discounted home and personal loan rates.
- Provision for employees to apply for mid career breaks after seven (7) years service.
- Reimbursement and salary sacrifice of relocation expenses by negotiation (prior to commencing employment).
- Hewlett Packard Employee Reward Program Leave.
- Standard four (4) weeks annual leave each year (plus 17.5 per cent loading, not including Executive positions), three (3) weeks of personal leave per annum (including leave to care for family) and a range of other generous leave entitlements.
- Paid maternity leave - up to twelve (12) weeks, and paid paternity leave - one (1) week.
- Ability to take long service leave pro-rata after seven (7) years of service.