Mayor Tom Tate
Phone: 07 5581 5283
Fax: 07 5581 6054
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
GOLD COAST MAIL CENTRE QLD 9729
Southport Mayor's Office
47 Nerang Street, Southport
Bundall Mayor's Office
135 Bundall Road, Bundall
Tom Tate was re-elected Mayor of the City of Gold Coast, in March 2016.
Tom is a civil engineer by trade, having graduated from the University of NSW in the early '80s. He started his career in the construction industry and later moved into the tourism and hospitality industry.
He is an active member of the Gold Coast business community, having served for many years as a director for a variety of business associations and organisations, including Gold Coast Turf Club, and as Director and Regional Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland. Tom is a Life Member of the Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach Chamber of Commerce.
Tom has been married to his wife, Ruth, for 36 years and together they have four children.
As Mayor, Tom is working to return that 'have a go' spirit back to the Gold Coast.
The multicultural Mayor was born in Asia and speaks three languages.
- Council of the City of Gold Coast - Chair
- City of Gold Coast Special Budget Committee - Chair
- City Planning
- Community Services
- Governance and Administration
- Economic Development & Major Projects Committee
- Gold Coast Water and Waste
- City Infrastructure
- Local Disaster Management Group - Chair
- Safer Suburbs Forum - Chair
- Council of Mayors (SEQ) Pty Ltd - Director