Receive rate notices and water bills by email
Receive rates and water notices by email from City of Gold Coast
You can now register to have your future rates and water notices sent to you by email instead of by post.
Cut down on paper and reduce your carbon footprint - register now for an easier way to access your notices:
Register online - find out how here
Take advantage of our new email service. Register online to opt in.
- Follow the link below to our 'Rates and water accounts online' form and complete the ownership identity fields.
- Select the button, "Yes, I'd like my notices via email" below the account summary table on the resulting account balance screen and follow the prompts to register for this service.
- You'll receive an acknowledgement by email when you submit your request. Please check your inbox for this acknowledgement to make sure that our emails arrive in your main inbox, not your spam or junk folders.
- Add us (email@example.com) to your email’s safe senders list (also known as contacts list or “white list”) to ensure future rates/water notices are received. For instructions on how to white list or add to the safe list please see our ‘How to ensure you receive our emails’ section below.
If you do not receive a confirmation email for this advice you will not receive your rate and water notices from us, and you must let us know about this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 07 5667 5995 or visiting any of our customer service centres.
Please note: Online registration is available to registered property owners only.
Authorised agents are required to provide the following when applying for notices to be emailed to them on the registered owner's behalf:
- Rate notice (or water and sewerage rate notice) number
- Property address
- Name of property owner
- Attachment containing a letter of authority from the property owner
- Email address for the notices to be delivered to.
The above requests can be forwarded to email@example.com.
Important things to note about this service
Before you sign up, here's some things to remember:
- You will no longer receive your notices in your letterbox. Copies of notices in pdf format will be forwarded to your nominated email address. You can view the inserts that are included with rate notices and water bills sent by post, such as the land categorisation notice and other mail outs online.
- One (1) email address is to be nominated per rates and water account (i.e. one email address per rateable property). The same email address can be used for multiple account numbers.
- Once registration has been confirmed, future rates and water notices will be emailed to your nominated email address.
- You may receive one more rate and/or water and sewerage notice by mail before your request for our email delivery service is processed.
- Can’t find your emailed rates and water notices in your inbox?
- Please check your inbox for your electronic rates and water notices, and ensure these notices are not filtered into junk mail. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your spam or junk mail folder, you will need to tell your email software that it’s not spam by hitting the not spam or not junk button.
- If you still can’t find your rate or water notice email, please email email@example.com, call us on
07 5667 5995 or visit any of our customer service centres - if you do not receive a confirmation email for this advice you will not receive your rate and water notices from us, so it's important that you let us know.
Note: Potential loss of discount and interest penalties are consequences of non-payment of your accounts by the appropriate due date. City of Gold Coast takes no responsibility for non-payment of rates and water notices which have been emailed to customers.
How to ensure you receive our emails
Add our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your safe senders list (also known as contacts list or “white list”) to ensure future rates/water notices are received.
For instructions on how to do this, visit the help page of your email service provider, for example:
Visit Microsoft Office to help you:
- add our email@example.com email address to your contact list, and/or
- mark our email message as “not junk” (if it was sent to your junk mail folder)
Please note: If you do not receive a confirmation email within three (3) business days after sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 07 5667 5995 or visit any of our customer service centres and let us know.
Can’t find your emailed rates and water notices in your inbox?
Please check your email folders and ensure that these notices are not filtered into junk or spam mail. If you find email from email@example.com in your spam or junk mail folder, you will need to tell your email software that it’s not spam by hitting the ‘not spam’ or ‘not junk’ button.
If you do not receive a confirmation email for this advice you will not receive your rate and water notices from us and you must let us know - please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 07 5667 5995 or visit one of our customer service centres.
Receive your notices electronically using BPAY View®
Another way to receive your rates and water notices electronically is to use the secure environment of your Internet banking website where you can view, download and pay your next City of Gold Coast rate notice and/or water bill online via BPAY View®.
How to register for BPAY View®
To use BPAY View®, you will need to be registered for internet banking with your financial institution.
Log on to your internet banking website, locate the BPAY View® section and follow the steps to add or register a new BPAY View® biller. You will need to enter the following details:
- Biller code: 85639
- Registration number: use the nine-digit notice number from your previous rate notice
- name on the rate notice
- current email address
- Biller Code: 868745
- Registration number: use the nine-digit notice number from your previous water bill
- name on the water bill
- current email address
If you receive more than one rate notice or water bill, repeat the above steps for each notice you now wish to receive online. Once the details have been entered, your financial institution will notify you via email as to whether your registration was successful.
Receiving your rate notice and/or water bill through BPAY View®
Once registered with BPAY View®, your next rate notice and/or water bill will be sent electronically. You will not be sent a separate copy in the mail. Your financial institution will notify you when this occurs via email, SMS or internal internet banking messages (depending on what notifications are available/activated with your financial institution).
When you receive this notification, simply login to your internet banking site to view and pay your notice. The electronic copy of your notice will look exactly the same as the printed version, and you can also choose to print and save your own copy if required.
You will receive a payment reminder (depending on your financial institution) up to two (2) days prior to the due date. When making a BPAY® payment from the BPAY View® section of your internet banking site, the amount to pay and reference numbers will be pre-populated to make it easier for you.
You can still use other available payment methods to pay your notice if you prefer (including direct debit) when receiving your notice through BPAY View®.
BPAY® and BPAY View® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
Related informationJump to key information
Is the City's emailing of notices service available to all ratepayers?
Yes, as a registered property owner, you can submit a request to receive your rates and water notices by email. Registration can be completed using the online form below. To register, follow the prompts when you arrive at the account balance screen.
Please note: Depending on the timing of this request, you may receive one more notice by post before your request for our email delivery service is processed. This service is limited to one email address per account.
Will I receive other City notices or accounts by email as well?
At this stage the only notices or accounts available from the City of Gold Coast are your rate notice and water bill.
What if I'm outside Australia, can I still receive rate notices and water bills by email?
Yes, if you have registered to receive your notices through our City emailing of notice service.
BPAY View® registered customers - Yes, if you use Internet banking through an Australian financial institution. Otherwise, if you only have an overseas bank account, you won't be able to use the BPAY View® service.
Will I still receive notices through the mail once I register to receive notices by email?
No, once you have registered to receive your rate notice or water bill via the City's emailing of notices service, or through BPAY View®, you will no longer receive the notices in the mail.
What about the inserts and brochures that normally come with the hardcopy notice?
No problem, you'll be able to view all the brochures and notices that normally come in the mail online by visiting our rate notice mail out page.
If I receive my notice by email, what payment methods can I use?
City emailing of notices service: You can use any available payment method (including direct debit).
BPAY View® registered customers: As above. However, making payments by BPAY® payment is easy with BPAY View® as the amount to pay and reference numbers will be pre-populated for you.