Tugun Oceanway - O'Connor Park Master Plan
Council invited the community to have their say on the master planning for the existing foreshore parkland, O'Connor Park and the Oceanway extending from the Wyberba Street to Toolona Street, Tugun.
The Master Plan will determine the most appropriate way forward in the delivery of high quality parkland for the local community and visitors to the area.
The purpose of developing the Master Plan is to:
- determine the most appropriate design and placement of future infrastructure including the Tugun Oceanway
- facilitate innovative design which demonstrates an understanding of pedestrian, site and cultural context of the site and addresses needs expressed by the Community
- ensure a unified and thematic character that protects and enhances the positive relationship between the built form and surrounding landscape
- balance the site's recreational opportunities with environmental and social sustainability
- provide a framework to improve equitable access and shape a higher visual profile of the area
- provide an alternative car-parking configuration to allow a continuous parkland space along the O'Connor Park Tugun Foreshore
If you have comments or suggestions regarding the approach Council is using to consult the community, please contact the Coordinator Community Consultation: