Economic Development Strategy
The City of Gold Coast Economic Development Strategy 2023 provides the framework for our long-term growth and prosperity.
The strategy reflects our commitment to ensuring the local economy continues to thrive in a changing environment.
There are six key themes for delivering the strategy:
- Innovation – foster innovation and entrepreneurial activity.
- Cultural – build a thriving cultural economy by growing our creative industries.
- Infrastructure – increase tourism infrastructure in areas such as dive, marine and eco-tourism; improve telecommunications infrastructure and links between business hubs; and to create a Central Business District.
- Competitive business – reduce regulation and red tape; and support new business, export and productivity.
- Workforce – increase study and training in the city in line with business needs; grow our skills base; increase employment options; and raise the city’s global profile as an education, knowledge and research destination.
- International – strengthen international partnerships; increase our export base; and attract inward investment.
Download and view the strategies and plans below. You can also visit our Economic Development International Plan page.
Economic Development Strategy 2013-2023 (PDF 3.59mb)
- Competitive business
- Economic development
- Economic development initiatives
- Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games™
- Gold Coast Cultural Precinct
- International relations