Bins and rubbish collection
The City of Gold Coast (City) provides collection services across the region to meet your waste and recycling needs.
City waste and recycling bin collection services
- Residential bin collection - the City provides a weekly collection service for general waste (green bin) and a fortnightly collection service for recycled waste (yellow lid bin).
- Green waste bin collection - we offer an optional service for the collection of green waste (lime green lid bin), which is serviced fortnightly on the alternate week to the yellow lid recycling bin.
- Commercial waste management - includes kerbside commercial waste, commingled recycling and green waste collections, and landfill access for recycling or disposal of commercial and industrial waste.
To find out when your bin is collected, use our online bin day finder or phone 07 5667 5976.
To report a damaged or stolen bin online, visit our Report a problem - Rubbish and recycling page.
Kerbside clean-ups or bulky waste collections are scheduled by Council Division subject to City budget approval.
Find information about the types of items accepted for this service, size limits, when to place the items out for collection, plus the clean-up schedule for 2016-17 on our Kerbside clean-ups page.
- Bin day finder and recycling calendar
- Report a problem - Rubbish and recycling
- What to recycle?
- Upsize to a larger recycling bin
Today is my normal bin collection day but it's a public holiday. Will my bins still be collected?
Yes, our waste and recycling trucks service your bins every day, even when your bin day is a public holiday. On public holidays however, the collection time may be earlier - please ensure your bins are placed kerbside the night before your collection day.
The waste truck did not service my bin today. Can I still get it collected?
There are several reasons why a bin does not get collected. The main reasons are:
- the bin was not put out in time
- it is not your collection day
- the bin was not able to be reached by the truck (cars parked in front or other obstructions)
- the bin is overfull or contains materials that are not allowed
- driver error
Whatever the reason, you can call us on 07 5667 5976 and report a missed service. You will be advised if the truck is still in your area and if there was an issue that needs to be fixed. Once any issues are resolved, we will arrange to pick up your missed bin as soon as possible.
I accidentally threw something valuable in the bin. What can I do?
General green waste bin - unfortunately there is nothing that can be done, you are unable to enter the landfill site.
Recycling bin (yellow lid) - you should contact the recycling contractor Visy located at Carrara to see if it can be retrieved.
Can I organise for my bins to have number stickers that match my street number?
Yes. Contact Waste Management 07 5667 5976 and we can arrange to have them posted to you.
I have an assisted service and I am moving house. Can you change my service to my new address?
Yes. Please contact Waste Management on 07 5667 5976 and we will arrange this for you. You do not need to complete a new assisted service form.
The park bin is overflowing. Can I get someone to clean it up?
Yes. You can report the issue using our online Report a problem form and we will arrange for the contractor or City Cleaning to check the bin and tidy up.
I own a vacant block or I'm building. Can I get a wheelie bin service for my block?
No. We do not provide collection services to a vacant block or during the construction of a house - someone must be living in the permanent dwelling on that block before we will deliver bins. You can however choose a local skip bin company who will provide you with a skip service during your construction.
Please contact Waste Management on 07 5667 5976 to order your city bin service at least two days before moving in.