Land for Wildlife
Land for Wildlife is a free scheme available to landholders with one or more hectares of bushland who are committed to protecting and restoring their property's native habitat. The area of bushland can be intact or disturbed and landholders can even designate a cleared area to restore to be eligible in the scheme.
When you join Land for Wildlife, you will receive:
- ongoing access to officers who can provide:
- expert knowledge on plant and animal identification
- advice on weed control and habitat restoration
- property visits on request.
- a property specific management plan that:
- includes relevant property maps
- identifies your property’s habitat values and threats e.g. weeds
- provides guidance on how to control weeds and restore native bushland.
- invitations to free workshops (for example, bushland restoration, native plant identification and nestbox building)
- a toolkit and herbicides to kick start your restoration project
- free native plants for bushland restoration projects
- publications including Mangroves to Mountains, the quarterly Land for Wildlife newsletter and technical notes
- opportunities to network with 450 fellow Gold Coast Land for Wildlife members to share your experiences and learnings with.
Land for Wildlife does not provide legal protection of your property. If you're looking for long-term and legally-binding protection of your property's conservation values, as well as financial support for bushland conservation, find out more about our Voluntary Conservation Agreements.
The local Land for Wildlife scheme is funded and administered by local governments with support from the Federal Government and Healthy Waterways and Catchments.
To join Land for Wildlife, or find out how we can help you manage your bushland, email email@example.com or call 07 5582 8896.Jump to key information