Landfill disposal fees
Current landfill disposal fees and charges effective 1 July 2016.
These charges apply to commercial waste disposal only. Domestic waste disposal is not charged, with the exception of regulated wastes, such as asbestos, tyres and special burials.
|Mixed waste||$96.90 per tonne|
|Mixed waste minimum charge (up to 140 kilograms)||$14.50 per transaction|
|Green waste (including untreated timber)||$55.30 per tonne|
|Green waste minimum charge (up to 200 kilograms)||$11.10 per transaction|
|Asbestos*||$232.70 per tonne|
|Asbestos* minimum charge (up to 240 kilograms)||$57.90 per transaction|
|Polystyrene/surfboard blanks||$841.60 per tonne|
|Sand, soil and rock||$96.90 per tonne|
|Concrete disposal||$40.30 per tonne|
|Concrete minimum charge (up to 260 kilograms)||$10.70 per transaction|
|Special/supervised burial||$158.50 per tonne|
|Special/supervised burial minimum charge (up to 158.5 kilograms)||$28.30 per transaction|
|Regulated Waste (normal burial)||$96.90 per tonne|
|Sale of soil or sands**||POA|
|Sale of crushed concrete**||$11.10 per tonne|
|Weighing - for the purpose of registration only||$36.50 per vehicle|
|Passenger car tyre||$5.00 each|
|Passenger car tyre and rim||$9.80 each|
|Light truck tyre (4x4 also)||$7.50 each|
|Light truck tyre and rim||$14.50 each|
|Truck tyre||$17.60 each|
|Motor cycle tyre||$2.50 each|
|Bobcat/forklift tyre||$17.60 each|
|Tractor/grader tyre (less than 1.5 metres)||$134.70 each|
|Tractor/grader tyre (greater than 1.5 metres)||$218.90 each|
|Scrap metal (separated)||Free of charge|
Visit our Waste and recycling centres page for locations, opening hours, and an interactive map to help you find which centres accept the items listed above.
- all listed fees are GST inclusive
- mixed loads containing general waste and green waste shall be charged at the mixed waste rate
- mixed loads containing unseparated recyclable materials shall be charged at the applicable rate for the waste type
- mixed loads containing regulated waste shall be charged at the regulated waste rate
- payment is by cash, cheque or EFTPOS. Please note that payments by credit card will incur a surcharge.
* Only regulated wastes permitted under the development approval conditions for each landfill site can be received. Definitions of regulated waste can be found in the Waste Reduction and Recycling Regulations 2011. The guidelines state that asbestos must be wetted and wrapped in plastic for transportation and must be placed on the ground with bundles intact.
** Subject to availability