Waste and recycling
City of Gold Coast collects waste and recycling from nearly 200,000 households and businesses across the city. We also run 10 waste and recycling centres where you can drop off waste and recyclables 363 days a year.
Draft Solid Waste Strategy 2014-2023
How we deal with our waste as a community affects us all. How can we reduce our city’s waste, reuse what we no longer want and increase recycling?
We’d like your input to help shape the next Waste Strategy until 2023. Be part of ensuring we have the capacity to manage the Gold Coast’s waste into the future. The outcomes considered in the draft strategy place higher priority on minimising waste going to landfill, improving resource recovery rates, reducing the impacts on ratepayers and improving the environment.
The consultation is open now and you can have your say until 5 December. Visit our Have your say website to:
- view the Draft Solid Waste Strategy
- find the location of a community open day in your area
- participate in an online discussion forum
- complete the online survey.
We look forward to receiving your comments and suggestions.
Find out more about waste and recycling
We have a separate waste and recycling website (formerly called GreenGC) for information on rubbish and recycling services. Use the following direct links to get the answers you need:
- Get your bin repaired or replaced
- Find your bin collection day
- Bin not collected
- Location and operating hours of waste and recycling centres, and acceptable materials
- Fees for disposal at waste and recycling centres
- Kerbside clean ups
- Sign up for the green waste bin service for $1 a week
Also see our waste and recycling initiatives page.