Water and sewerage services
City of Gold Coast's (City) water and sewerage network and assets are worth more than $3.6 billion and include:
- four sewage treatment plants
- an advanced recycled water treatment plant at Pimpama
- 3210 kilometres of sewer mains
- 529 sewerage pump stations
- 227,027 sewerage connections
- 3168 kilometres of water mains
- 57 water pump stations
- 58 water supply reservoirs
- five re-chlorination facilities
- 238,302 water connections
Although the City is the water and sewerage service provider, the State Government owns the bulk water supply. This includes the Hinze Dam and Tugun Desalination Plant. The State Government sets the wholesale price that the City pays for water, which is passed on to customers.
The State Government owns the drinking (potable) water treatment plants.
Find more information about our water services in the fact sheet, Our role in delivering water to the Gold Coast.
Water and sewerage enquiries
The contact telephone numbers for water and sewerage enquiries are 1300 000 928 or 07 5667 5801.
All water enquiries and payments are supported across the Gold Coast at our customer service centres.
- Network Modifications, Extension and Connections Policy Procedure
- Protecting your home from a sewage overflow
- Recycled water
- Report a problem - Water and sewer
- Scientific Services laboratory
- Standpipes and filling stations
- Sustainable water
- Trade waste
- Water leaks
- Water meters
- Water quality
- Water and sewerage projects