Elanora Branch Library
The Pines Shopping Centre
Guineas Creek Road
Elanora QLD 4221
How do I get there?
Elanora Branch Library is located in the Pines Shopping Centre. There is ample free parking.
About Elanora Branch Library
Opened in 2007 and designed using ecologically sustainable development principles, the Elanora Branch Library incorporates features such as energy efficient lighting, greater use of natural light, rainwater storage tank, solar hot water system and greater user of outside air for warming and cooling the building.
The library is a civic space, incorporating artwork undertaken by local art students. A series of pavers reflecting the ideas of the students can be viewed by wandering around the civic space outside the library. A full explanation of the artwork and its creators can be found in the entrance foyer.
- Monday 9am - 6pm
- Tuesday 9am - 6pm
- Wednesday 9am - 6pm
- Thursday 9am - 7pm
- Friday 9am - 6pm
- Saturday 9am - 3pm (9am - 4pm from 1 July 2014)
- Sunday - Closed (Noon - 4pm from 1 July 2014)
Services and facilities
- wide selection of fiction and non-fiction books for adults, young people and children
- children's section with books, CDs, DVDs, graphic novels and games
- young people's section with books, CDs, DVDs, graphic novels and games
- PCs with Internet access and Microsoft Office (bookings advisable)
- large print and audio books
- newspapers and magazines
- language tapes, CDs and DVDs
- adult literacy resources
- community notice board
- photocopying and printing
- self-serve loans units
- disabled access with automatic doors
- disabled parking
- after hours return
- community meeting room
- public access wireless Internet