Use this option to pay rates notices and water accounts by direct debit from your bank, credit union or building society using your cheque or savings account.
The online direct debit form is the preferred method of applying for or amending a direct debit as it is more convenient than lodging an application over the counter or by mail. If for some reason you are unable to access the online direct debit form, a PDF option is available below.
Request a direct debit
Complete and submit the online Direct Debit Request form to apply for a direct debit facility. You will need to select one of the following direct debit payment options:
- Due date - pay the full amount on the due date. Your rate notice and/or water bill will state how much will be withdrawn from your bank, credit union or building society on the due date of the notice.
- Periodic payments - you can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments and will need to state the amount, date and frequency of the payments you prefer on this form.
Before completing the Direct Debit Request please ensure:
- You know your notice number and you are the property owner or authorised representative
- The direct debit transactions are available from your account (check with your financial institution)
- You have selected a suitable direct debit date that your bank account will have sufficient funds
Please note: credit card accounts are not accepted.
Request changes to your existing direct debit
Complete and submit the online Direct Debit Change Request form if you wish to cancel your direct debit agreement or amend the frequency and/or the amount of the payments being debited from your bank account.
*To change your bank account details, please complete a new direct debit request form. This will automatically update your bank account details we have on file for your Rates and/or Water accounts.
Find the links to the PDF versions of the Direct Debit Request and the Direct Debit Change Request below.
Find the Direct Debit Service Agreement below.
Direct debit and payment arrangements for outstanding balances
Please note: Direct debit is a method of payment only. A payment arrangement is an option offered by the City, where customers can pay off an outstanding balance in weekly or fortnightly instalments using one of the City's payment methods, such as direct debit.
If you would like to pay an outstanding balance through your weekly/fortnightly direct debit facility, you will need to apply for a payment plan. You can set up a payment plan online by following the link below.
Self-service rates and water accounts online
Certain permits and licences do not attract an annual fee (e.g. resident parking permit, food business licence) and are renewed by way of acknowledgement to the City.
If you have no change of details and no renewal fee to pay, you can renew your permit or licence using one of the methods below:
- Click on the link below. A new window will open with a secure connection to City of Gold Coast’s Internet payment provider.
- Enter your Notice Number (located on the front of your licence renewal notice).
- Follow the online instructions.
Permit and licence renewals (acknowledgements)
- Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 837 and proceed as instructed.
- Ensure that you have checked the details, sign and post to:
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
GOLD COAST MC 9729
Contact your bank or financial institution to make payment from your cheque, savings, debit or transaction account. For more information, visit www.bpay.com.au.
BPAY® and BPAY View® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
Important changes to how you pay your rates
Note: Your nine-digit notice number and the BPay biller code on your rate notice have changed.
What you need to do:
Please ensure you use your new notice number and the BPay biller code located on your latest rate notice (from July 2017).
Remember to update your ‘favourite’ or ‘saved details’ from your previous Internet banking, or if using BPay View, please re-register using your new notice number and biller code located on your latest rate notice.
Note: Notice numbers and the biller code for water bills have not changed. Please note, infringements may take up to three business days from the time of issue to be available for payment.
|Type of bill
||BPAY® biller code
||Your notice number has changed. Use your notice number on your latest bill.
This is a nine-digit number, beginning with a "2".
||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with an "8").
(Note: there are no changes to your notice number or biller code for water bills)
|Business partner accounts
||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with a "9")
||Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with a "1")
|Planning applications (online application only)
|Other City payments (online payment request)
Please note: Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge of 0.38%.
- Rates, water, dog registrations, licence renewals, business partner accounts, City applications (notices to pay/bonds)
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 731 (from outside Australia call +61 7 5667 5995) any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference Number: use the Notice Number.
- Planning application (SmartForms only)
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 793 710 any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
Reference number: use the Notice Number.
- Infringement notices
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 841 any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa. Infringements may take up to three business days from date of issue to be available for payment.
Reference Number: use the Notice Number.
- Licence acknowledgements
Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 837 and proceed as instructed.
Rates, water, dog registrations, licence renewals, business partner accounts, planning applications and infringements
Please forward your notice, application or payment advice along with your cheque, money order or bank draft (in Australian currency) made payable to ‘City of Gold Coast’ to: City of Gold Coast, PO Box 5042, Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9729.
Please note: Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge of 0.38%. Infringements may take up to three business days from the time of issue to be available for payment.
- City of Gold Coast Customer Service Centres: Payments of all notices, infringements and applications can be made with cash, cheque, debit card, MasterCard or Visa.
- Pay your rates and water notices at Bundall, Nerang and Palm Beach Customer Service Centres using the self-service payment kiosks where touch screen devices known as 'Albert', provided by the Commonwealth Bank have been installed.
Simply scan your printed notice, or key in the nine digit notice number, enter the payment amount and follow the prompts. Payment can be made with your debit card or credit card. A printed receipt will be available to confirm your payment.
Note: The trial at Runaway Bay and Burleigh Waters branch libraries has come to an end. Thank you for your participation and feedback.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Pay your rate or water notice at any branch. Payment can be made using cash, cheque or money order.
- Australia Post: Pay your rate or water notice at any Australia Post Office. Please present the entire notice when making payment. Payment can be made using cash or cheque only.
For further information, please contact City of Gold Coast:
- Infringements/parking - 07 5667 5989
- Infringements/all other - 07 5582 8211
- Dog licences - 07 5667 5987
- Planning applications - 07 5582 8866
- Business partners - 07 5581 6049 or 07 5581 6102
- Searches - 07 5667 5995 or 1300 366 659
- Filming permits - 07 5667 5987
- Park bookings - 07 5667 5972