This service is currently restricted to urban properties of the Gold Coast.
Included suburbs: Arundel, Ashmore, Benowa, Biggera Waters, Bilinga, Broadbeach, Broadbeach Waters, Bundall, Burleigh Heads, Burleigh Waters, Carrara, Clear Island Waters, Coolangatta, Coombabah, Coomera, Currumbin, Helensvale, Highland Park, Hollywell, Isle of Capri, Kirra, Labrador, Main Beach, Mermaid Beach, Mermaid Waters, Merridown, Merrimac, Miami, Molendinar, Monterey Keys, Nobby Beach, Park Lake, Pacific Pines, Palm Beach, Paradise Point, Paradise Waters, Parkwood, Rainbow Bay, Robina, Runaway Bay, Sorrento, Southport, Sovereign Island, Studio Village, Surfers Paradise, The Spit, Tugun and Varsity Lakes.
Suburbs for assessment: Bonogin, Currumbin Waters, Elanora, Gilston, Hope Island, Jacobs Well, Maudsland, Mudgeeraba, Nerang, Ormeau, Oxenford, Pimpama, Reedy Creek, Steiglitz, Tallai, Tallebudgera, Upper Coomera, Willow Vale, Worongary and Yatala.
Suburbs that are currently unable to participate in the green waste collection service: Advancetown, Alberton, Austinville, Bonogin Valley, Cedar Creek, Clagiraba, Currumbin Valley, Gaven, Gilberton, Guanaba, Kingsholme, Lower Beechmont, Luscombe, Mount Nathan, Natural Bridge, Neranwood, Norwell, Numinbah, South Moreton Bay Island, South Stradbroke Island, Sanctuary Cove, Springbrook, Stapylton, Tallebudgera Valley, Wolfdene, Wongawallan and Woongoolba.
||$52 per year
||$47.27 per year
|$39.30 deposit (refundable*)
Once the online form is submitted, property owners will be charged in their rates for the service from the date of bin delivery.
Tenants can pay in person at one of our administration centres or pay by post using the PDF form - Green waste service - rental properties (see payment instructions on the form).
If tenants wish to make a secure online payment, complete our online form.
* The deposit is refundable following cancellation of service by the applicant and only after the bin has been retrieved by the City.
Rates and charges are reviewed annually, and the charge may vary in the next rating year.
- Check that your property address is included in the green waste service area.
- Use our online application form below or call 07 5667 5976.
- If your property is within the suburbs for assessment area please submit an application online and a Waste Management Officer will review the property address and get back to you. You can also call 07 5667 5976.
Register for a new green waste bin
The green waste bin is collected on the same day as the general waste bin, but on the alternate week to the yellow lid recycling bin. You can find out which week to place the green waste bin kerbside by using the online bin day finder. You can print out your individual recycling calendar from the online bin day finder or use the generic Recycling Calendar fridge card. If you would like a pre-printed generic Recycling Calendar fridge card sent to you, order online or call 07 5667 5976.
To ensure your green waste bin is serviced each fortnight:
- place the bin kerbside the night before collection
- the lid should be closed
- do not over fill the bin
- do not place soil, bark, treated timber, tree stumps, nappies, plastic bags or other inappropriate material in the green waste bin
- ensure tree branches are less than 15 centimetres in diameter and no longer than 40 centimetres.
If it is your collection day and your bin collection has been missed, please call us on 07 5667 5976 between 8am and 5pm on business days to have this problem investigated.
We ask that you include your contact details, address, bin type and any possible reason that the bin may not have been emptied. There are several reasons why a bin does not get collected, the main ones being:
- the bin was not put out in time
- the bin was not able to be reached by the truck (cars parked in front or other obstructions)
- the bin is overfull or contains materials that are not allowed
- driver error.
Please remove the problem with the bin before calling us. Our contractors will return as soon as possible.
The online form below can be used for requests to: repair damaged bins that are broken or missing parts; replace missing/stolen bins; remove offensive graffiti.
Cleaning, removing odours and other cosmetic issues related to bins are the responsibility of the user. Graffiti removal kits are available free of charge from our Customer Service Centres for bins that have been vandalised with general graffiti.
Please complete our online form below to request a repair or replacement for your residential bin.
Request a repair or replacement green waste bin