Visit our Penalty Infringement Search web page, which allows you to view the infringement, including photos of your vehicle, to help you choose what to do about the fine.
You will need to provide your Penalty Infringement Notice (PIN) number and vehicle registration number in order to view the details.
If you have misplaced your ticket and would like to obtain details of the infringement notice number, please call us on
07 5667 5989 or visit any Customer Service Centre. You will need to provide the vehicle registration number to help us locate your infringement notice.
Please note: Fines (infringement notices) paid after the due date may be charged additional fees and referred to the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER) for further action.
All requests to review parking fines (infringement notices) are considered in accordance with Council of the City of Gold Coast's Penalty Infringement Notice (PIN) Review Policy. In order to ensure all of the details of the request are given full consideration, it is recommended that a request to review an infringement notice be made in one of the following ways:
Appeal a parking fine online
- In writing (by post): City of Gold Coast, PO Box 5042, GOLD COAST MC QLD 9726
- Facsimile: 07 5581 6346
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where a valid reason is given, assistance can be provided to request a review, or alternatively a review can be requested on behalf of an affected person.
Our Safe and legal parking tips page provides information about parking rules in our city that may assist when considering whether or not to dispute a parking fine.
It should be noted that requests for withdrawal cannot be determined by enforcement officers in the field.
The City may consider withdrawal of an infringement notice if you can demonstrate any of the following occurred at the time of offence:
- your vehicle broke down and you were unable to move it to a legal position
- you were involved in a medical emergency
- you were issued the infringement notice in error
- you were issued an infringement notice as the registered owner of a vehicle, that at the time of the offence the vehicle had been sold or stolen, or was under the (permitted) control of another person
- regulatory signs had been removed or damaged.
In most circumstances infringement notices will not be withdrawn for the following reasons:
- financial hardship
- being unaware of the law or not seeing a sign
- disagreeing with the law (you may feel that the offence for which the infringement notice has been issued is trivial or did not cause a problem to anyone)
- running out of petrol
- not having adequate coins for the meter
- appointment was delayed
- stopped in a restricted zone only briefly
- paying for time that exceeds the maximum allowable parking period
Visit our Safe and legal parking tips page for more information about parking rules in our city.
Relevant supporting documentation must be attached to the request. For further information, contact City Parking on 07 5667 5989.
If you have been issued with a parking fine as the registered owner of the offending vehicle, but you were not the driver at the time of the incident, you can use the online form below to nominate another driver.
Nominate another driver online