National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Permits & Licensing

Information on City of Gold Coast permits and licensing requirements can be found from this page. To find a topic, scroll through the full list below (this is sorted alphabetically by category) or search using specific keywords or categories in the search fields below. Click 'Go' to activate the search.

  • Search results
  • All categories


Rental accommodation (dwelling, unit or backpacker/hostel)

It is a requirement of the City of Gold Coast (City) to monitor the standard of operations in all accommodation premises to ensure health and safety of its occupants. The City determines the standard of operation by regulating specific accommodation types

Swimming pools

City of Gold Coast regulates swimming pools to ensure they are operated and maintained to an appropriate level that reduces risks to public health and safety.

Camping areas and caravan parks

City of Gold Coast regulates caravan parks and camping areas across the city to provide appropriate facilities and ensure they are kept in clean and hygienic condition.


Advertising devices

The display of an advertising device within the city may require a permit or licence and must have the necessary approval before it's displayed. Find out if a licence or permit is required and how to apply if applicable.


Breeding animals (cats and dogs)

City of Gold Coast requires owners of cats and dogs, who wish to breed from their animals, to hold a breeder permit.

Keeping and control of animals (e.g. horse stables)

This Approval is issued under Gold Coast City Council Local Law No. 12 (Keeping and Control of Animals) and Gold Coast City Council Local Law Policy No. 12 (Keeping and Control of Animals).

Keeping more than the allowable number of animals

City of Gold Coast local laws limit the number of animals that can be kept on a property.


Commercial fitness training

Recent amendments to existing local law legislation, Subordinate Local Law No. 9.1 (Parks and Reserves) 2008, now require these operators to conduct their activities under a permit system.

Film production

City of Gold Coast's primary purpose of regulating film production is to enable these activities to be undertaken in a safe manner with little disruption to local businesses and residents.

Home Based Activities

The level of impact of your Home Based Activity (HBA) on the surrounding neighbourhood will determine how your Home Based Activity is assessed.

Displaying 1 – 10 of 30 items