National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Permits & Licensing

Scheduled maintenance – Saturday 16 February to Sunday 17 February 2019

Some online services and payment options will be unavailable from 6pm on Saturday 16 February to 11pm on Sunday 17 February 2019. If you are unable to access links or online forms during this time, please try again later.

We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Information on City of Gold Coast permits and licensing requirements can be found from this page. To find a topic, scroll through the full list below (this is sorted alphabetically by category) or search using specific keywords or categories in the search fields below. Click 'Go' to activate the search.

  • Search results
  • Business


Commercial fitness training

Recent amendments to existing local law legislation, Subordinate Local Law No. 9.1 (Parks and Reserves) 2008, now require these operators to conduct their activities under a permit system.

Film production

City of Gold Coast's primary purpose of regulating film production is to enable these activities to be undertaken in a safe manner with little disruption to local businesses and residents.

Home Based Activities

The level of impact of your Home Based Activity (HBA) on the surrounding neighbourhood will determine how your Home Based Activity is assessed.

Nil fees on permits and licensing

As a business-friendly organisation, Gold Coast City Council has reduced all health licensing fees to nil for eligible properties whilst still maintaining the same level of service to business.

Removable Umbrella Structures (such as semi-permanent umbrellas)

The Gold Coast’s climate lends itself to use of outdoor areas. In recent years this has led to placing such items as large umbrellas on footpaths on a semi-permanent basis.

Displaying 1 – 5 of 5 items