Do I need development approval?
To determine whether your project requires development approval use the City of Gold Coast’s (City) online tools as listed below.
You can access the City’s interactive mapping page to determine the below information:
- Zoning - The zoning of your property will help to determine the type of development that may occur on your site.
- Overlays - Overlays display the unique characteristics for each property such as protected areas, flood risks, valuable resources, etc. Different property characteristics may affect the level of assessment needed for planning and development application.
How to locate your property
- Type your property into the search bar and hit enter.
- The property will appear on the map with a highlighted border.
- Select the tabs on the left hand side of the map to access contents.
How to generate a property report
- Locate the property by following the steps above.
- Select ‘View a City Plan property report’ on the pop up window.
- If you need a hard copy the report can be printed.
Once you have obtained your property report from interactive mapping, you can find more about development requirements in the City Plan. The City Plan document will help you determine what parts of the planning scheme apply to your proposal and what information you need to provide in your development application.
- City Plan
- Development application process
- Planning and building enquiries and complaints
- Tree removal - private land – lodgement process