Lodging a search request
Lodge with City of Gold Coast via any of the following:
- If you have a BP (business partner) account, please submit your Search request online. To apply for a business partner account, please complete the application for credit account below.
- Customer service centres
Chief Executive Officer
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
Our contact centre processes payment for search fees via the following methods:
- credit (business partner, previously sundry debtor) account
- cheque - please attach to back of search form
- credit card - indicate on the search request form that you wish to pay by credit card and we will contact you with payment instructions to use our secure online credit card payment gateway.
Search fee payments can also be made in person at your nearest customer service centre.
Delivery of search results
Search results are emailed upon completion, normally within 10 working days of the application being received by us (except for the Full Town Planning Certificate, which can take up to 40 working days).
Access details must be provided for certain types of searches to enable City officers to make suitable arrangements for inspections of the premise/property involved. Access details should include name and telephone number for the occupier or agent holding the key to the premises. They could also include the business/shop name and premises type.
Please note: absence of information will result in delays and re-inspection fees.
Searches requiring access details include:
- Town Planning Certificate - Full Certificate
- Health search
- Building search - Building Compliance inspection and report
- Trade waste compliance.
- Online search request form
- Researching a property
- Rates and water searches
- Health inspections
- Building searches
- Mapping searches (e.g. flood information, infrastructure drawings)
- Planning and development certificates