Place making projects
These are large capital upgrade projects that have been identified in a precinct master plan and will generally include substantial changes to the public realm that focus on pedestrian amenity and address the following issues:
- walkability – creating spaces for pedestrian traffic
- accessibility – creating spaces which are easily accessible
- views and vistas – providing clear sight lines
- visual amenity – creating attractive places to walk, shop, eat and relax
- kerbside allocation – providing build-outs for dining and gardens, footpath widening
- landscaping and irrigation – upgrading planting and pavements
- public art – designing and installing art works to enhance the centre's individual character
- street furniture – installing seating, shelters, bins, bicycle racks
- parking – balancing the need for efficient traffic circulation and provision of parking
- lighting – providing feature lighting and street lighting
- safety – ensuring the improvements provide a safe environment for all future users of the centre.
These projects are wholly funded by the City of Gold Coast.
Current place making project
Completed place making project