banner image
Plumbing & Drainage

Council regulates and assesses residential and commercial plumbing and drainage to ensure compliance with legislation and minimise risk to your health and safety.

Plumbing & Drainage

This page has information for anyone planning, or engaged in, building or planning works involving plumbing and drainage.

Plumbing and drainage news

The 'Notifiable Works - Form 4' process is effective from 1 November 2012.

You are now required to submit all Form 4s to the Plumbing Industry Council (within 10 business days of
completing the work). Gold Coast City Council is no longer responsible for assessing this form.

The new process means it will now be cheaper and faster for most routine plumbing work to be performed in Queensland.

For information on this process, please refer to the Notifiable Works fact sheets in the Related Information section below.

Plumbing and drainage approvals

A submission to Council for approval is required prior to starting work. Once work has commenced, contact Council to arrange an inspection.

Residential house drainage plans and commercial hydraulic plumbing and drainage plans

Copies of plumbing and drainage plans for private properties can be obtained by completing a plumbing and drainage search request form and submitting this to Council.

Plans can be viewed at Council's Plumbing and Drainage section located at our Nerang office. Please note: residential house drainage plans do not include any water system or stormwater drainage information.

Plumbing and drainage inspections

You can book an inspection by phoning (07) 5582 8393 from 7.30am to 3pm, Monday to Friday (note: cut-off times and conditions apply).

Online booking request form for plumbing and draining inspections.

Plumbing & drainage inspection bookings

Plumbing and drainage forms

For more information on plumbing and drainage assessments and applications, please visit the Plumbing and Drainage Forms page.

Pipeline newsletter

The latest Pipeline newsletter is now available.

To view issues of this newsletter, visit the Related Information section below.

Further information

For enquiries relating to plumbing and drainage issues within property boundaries, call Council's Plumbing and Drainage section on (07) 5582 8393 or fax (07) 5582 8870.

For enquiries outside a private property boundary, contact Gold Coast City Council on 1300 000 928.

Key information