Beaches & Foreshores
Gold Coast City’s beaches and foreshores are famous around the world for their unique beauty and contribution to the region’s tourism industry.
For decades, people have flocked to enjoy over 52 kilometres of ocean beaches professionally maintained and protected by Gold Coast City Council.
Enjoy our beaches and foreshores, but remember to do so safely and always look after our beautiful environment.
Dogs on the beach
Whilst dogs are not permitted within 200 metres of flagged areas on the city's beaches, Council has provided many dog-friendly beach areas for you to share with your pooch.
For further information on where you can and can't have your dog on the Gold Coast, please refer to the links below.
- Dog Exercise Areas
- Sport and Recreation
- Our Beaches
- Clean and Healthy Beaches
- Beach and Water Safety
- Gold Coast Oceanway
- Coastal Management
- Beach Weddings
- Palm Beach Shoreline Project
- Miami Boulder Wall Construction Stage Two
- Bilinga Encroachment Removal Project
- Interim Surfers Paradise Beach Nourishment Project
- Coastal Community Education Program