Christmas Lights Competition 2016
Presented by Heritage Bank
This year’s Christmas Lights Competition promises to be bigger and better than ever with a new and exciting collaboration with Yahoo! 7. All voting will be online, free and easy to do.
The Mayor has assembled a panel of lighting experts who will put their skills to good use by viewing every entry and narrowing the field to down to the “Mayor’s Panel Top 12”. The public will then get the opportunity to vote for the “7 News Gold Coast People’s Choice Award”. A runner up and third place prize will also be awarded, and every top 12 finalist will receive a prize.
Everyone who votes will be in the running to win a $1,000 cheque from 7 News Gold Coast.
Entry forms are available via the link below. Just click, complete and e-mail back to RSVP@goldcoast.qld.gov.au or post to:
Christmas Lights Competition
PO Box 5042
GOLD COAST MC 9729
Key dates and information for this year’s competition are:
- entries open on Monday 24 October and close on Monday 14 November
- All entrants must illuminate their displays on Saturday 26 November to Sunday 27 December from 7pm – 10pm for photography being used for judging. If your display is not illuminated during these hours then your entry may not be included in judging.
- online voting starts on Tuesday 6 December and closes on Saturday 17 December
- prize ceremony Monday 19 December
- bus tours to the “Mayor’s Panel Top 12” houses start on Tuesday 20 December and finish on Saturday 24 December.
2016 Christmas Lights bus tours
Murray’s Coaches will once again coordinate the Christmas Lights bus tours which will run from 16 December through to 23 December. The tours depart nightly from The Arts Centre Gold Coast (135 Bundall Road, Surfers Paradise) at 7pm and return by 10pm.
Bookings are essential, so book online today at Murray's Gold Coast Christmas Lights tour website.
|Fare type||Web special||Phone booking (13 22 51)|
|Children (two to 14 years old)||$10||$14|
Download and view the Christmas Lights Competition entry form and terms and conditions.
A special thanks to our 2016 partners:
Mayor’s Panel Top 12 judged in conjunction with: