City Cleaning keeps our city looking beautiful and is responsible for:
- beaches along our 60-kilometre coastline
- parks and reserves
- roads and streets
- central business districts and malls
- public amenities in parks and streets (public toilets, barbeques, picnic and bus shelters
- public rubbish bins at beaches, parks and streets (excluding former Albert Shire Council)
City Cleaning ensures all public areas around our city are kept clean.
- 923 kilometres of paths and walkways
- 2442 kilometres of roadways
- 600 kilometres of bikeways
- central business districts (CBD)
- Cavill and Broadbeach Mall
- 2082 public bins daily, removing 28 tonnes of rubbish per day
The City Cleaning service actively supports many major events such as:
- Wintersun Festival
- Big Day Out
- Australian Surf Life Saving Carnival
- Gold Coast Marathon
- Schoolies Festival
- New Year's Eve celebrations
The service meet regularly with organisers of major events to ensure adequate advice, service and support are provided throughout these events. This support includes additional and specialised cleaning before, during and after the events. Many of these events are televised around the world and it is of the utmost importance that the event precincts and surrounding areas are presented in pristine condition.
Council ensures public facilities and barbeques in our parks and foreshore areas are cleaned daily.
They usually remove about 31 tonnes of rubbish from our beaches every week, similar to the amount cleared from the city's beachfront and park rubbish bins.
Council’s City Cleaning has a Quality Certificate of Registration covering all facets of its operations as well as third party accreditation for its Environmental Management System.