Cypress Avenue, Surfers Paradise Car Park Closure
It will be closed and unavailable for parking from 10 January 2012
Construction of the Gold Coast Rapid Transit project will start early in 2012.
The Cypress Avenue car park in Surfers Paradise will become a site compound during construction of the project.
However, Council is investigating the option of retaining some parking bays in the Cypress Avenue car park, and is also negotiating with a private operator for provision of an alternative temporary car park to service the businesses at the northern end of Surfers Paradise.
Alternative parking options
Public parking is available at a number of car parks throughout Surfers Paradise.
Increased signage in surrounding streets will provide direction to alternative parking locations.
- Bruce Bishop - entry from Beach Road and Ferny Avenue
- Chevron Renaissance - entry from Elkhorn Avenue and Ferny Avenue
- The Mark - entry from Orchid Avenue, Phone (07) 5538 6405
- Centro - entry from Hanlan Street
- Soul - entry from The Esplanade
- Hilton - entry from Orchid Avenue
- Circle on Cavill - entry from Ferny Avenue
- Piazza -entry from View Avenue
- Ferny Ave (Surfers North) - entry from Ferny Avenue
Phone: 1800 967 377
Free call from within Australia, call charges may apply from mobile phones.