Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative
In the recently adopted Council Budget 2015-16, the City of Gold Coast (City) committed funding to continue the Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative to 30 June 2016. The City is now seeking approval from the State Government to allow for the continuation of this City funded initiative.
Eligible Gold Coast seniors are able to travel for free on Gold Coast Surfside buses from 8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday (public holidays included).
To be eligible for free bus travel passengers must:
- hold a TransLink red Seniors go card
- be a Gold Coast resident
- apply for a sticker pass.
Note: Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative does not apply to Queensland Rail trains or on G:Link light rail services.
The Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative is part of the City's drive to encourage more Gold Coasters to use public transport, and to make better use of existing services.
How to apply
To obtain a copy of the application form
- download a copy of the form or
- pick up a copy from a City administration centre or branch office or
- phone 1300 GOLDCOAST (1300 465 326), and one will be sent to you.
To submit your application
- provide a copy of your proof of residency on the Gold Coast (e.g. rates notice, utilities bill, car registration)
- provide a copy of your TransLink red Seniors go card (both sides)
- submit your application via email to email@example.com, drop it off in person at a City administration centre or branch office, or post it to: Free Seniors Travel, PO Box 5042 GOLD COAST MAIL CENTRE QLD 9726.
Once your application is approved you will receive a sticker to attach to your TransLink red Seniors go card.
Please allow five to 10 business days for processing.
The Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative aims to help seniors to better connect with their communities. It is part of the Gold Coast City Transport Strategy 2031 and is funded by the City. It will be delivered in partnership with the Queensland Government's Department of Transport and Main Roads, TransLink division and Surfside Buslines.