Free Seniors Travel Trial
Since 2 September 2013, eligible Gold Coast seniors have been able to travel for free on Gold Coast Surfside buses from 9am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
From Monday 6 January 2014 eligible Gold Coast seniors will be able to travel free on buses from 8.30am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday. New stickers will not be issued to reflect this change.
The Free Seniors Travel trial is part of the City of Gold Coast's drive to encourage more Gold Coasters to use public transport, and to make better use of existing services. It will initially operate as a trial until 31 March 2014.
How to apply
To obtain a copy of the application form
- download a copy of the form or
- pick up a copy from a City of Gold Coast Customer Contact Centre or
- phone 1300 GOLDCOAST (1300 465 326), and one will be sent to you.
To submit your application
- provide a copy of your proof of residency on the Gold Coast (e.g. rates notice, utilities bill, car registration)
- provide a copy your Seniors go card (both sides)
- submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, drop it off in person at a City of Gold Coast Customer Contact Centre, or post it to: Free Seniors Travel, PO Box 5042, Gold Coast Mail Centre Qld 9726.
Once your application is approved you will receive a sticker to attach to your Seniors go card.
Please allow five to 10 business days for processing.
The Free Seniors Travel scheme aims to help seniors to better connect with their communities. It is part of the Gold Coast City Transport Strategy 2031 and is funded by the City of Gold Coast. It will be delivered in partnership with the Queensland Government's Department of Transport and Main Roads, TransLink and Surfside Buslines.