Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative
The City of Gold Coast is continuing the Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative to 30 June 2016.
Eligible Gold Coast seniors are able to travel for free on Gold Coast Surfside buses between 8.30am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday (public holidays included).
To be eligible for free bus travel, passengers must:
- hold a TransLink Seniors red go card
- be a Gold Coast resident
- apply for a sticker pass.
Registered users for Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative do not need a new sticker for the extension of the initiative and existing terms and conditions apply.
Registered users need to continue to show their TransLink Seniors red go card with their existing sticker to utilise free off-peak bus travel across the Gold Coast.
Note: Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative does not apply to Queensland Rail trains or on G:Link light rail services.
The Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative is part of the City's drive to encourage more Gold Coasters to use public transport, and to make better use of existing services.
How to apply
To obtain a copy of the application form
- download a copy of the form or
- pick up a copy from one of the City's customer service centres or
- phone 1300 GOLDCOAST (1300 465 326), and one will be sent to you.
To submit your application
- provide a copy of your proof of residency on the Gold Coast (e.g. rates notice, utilities bill, car registration)
- provide a copy of your TransLink red Seniors go card (both sides)
- submit your application via email to email@example.com, drop it off in person at one the City's customer service centres, or post it to: Free Seniors Travel, PO Box 5042 GCMC QLD 9726.
Once your application is approved you will receive a sticker to attach to your TransLink Seniors red go card.
Please allow five to 10 business days for processing.
The Free Seniors Bus Travel Initiative aims to help seniors to better connect with their communities. It is part of the Gold Coast City Transport Strategy 2031 and is funded by the City. It will be delivered in partnership with the Queensland Government's Department of Transport and Main Roads, TransLink division and Surfside Buslines.