Free WI-FI at the Parklands
Wireless internet is available at the Broadwater Parklands seven days a week: April to November - between 7am and 7pm; December to March - between 7am and 9pm.
Sessions are 30 minutes in length or 50 megabytes (mb), with a 15 minute cool off period. Coverage areas include The Little Lawn, The Great Lawn, the main car park and the Rockpools.
How to log on to Broadwater Parklands wireless internet:
- locate the wifi connection: Broadwaterparklands
- this will then take you to a log in page
- agree to the terms and conditions
- start web searching.
For wi-fi enquiries please call 07 5581 1617.
You may need to change your device’s configuration to use the Broadwater Parklands wireless. Before changing your configuration, try using the wireless network first, as it may work. If you do need to change your configuration, make a note of the previous settings as you may need these settings to restore access to your home or work internet network.
Terms and conditions for use of Broadwater Parklands wireless:
- Council of the City of Gold Coast (Council) Broadwater Parklands wireless network provides access to the Internet.
- The wireless network is available seven (7) days a week: Summer (December to March), 7am–9pm and Winter (April to November), 7am–7pm. Access to the wireless network is available only for 30 minutes or 50mb downloads each session.
- Council does not provide support to configure your equipment for wireless access. For further assistance refer to your user manual or contact your hardware or software provider.
- Council cannot be responsible for any changes that you make to your computer's settings to access the wireless network and recommends that you make a note of any settings before you change them.
- The Council wireless network is not as secure as a wired network. Information sent to and from your wi-fi enabled device may be captured by someone else with a wireless device. Please keep this in mind when accessing personal or business information.
- Council does not accept responsibility for any loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, service interruptions, technical difficulties or transmission of viruses.
- Anti-virus software, security and privacy of information is the responsibility of the computer owner.
- Use of the internet via the wireless network shall not cause offence or disruption to other Broadwater Parklands patrons.
- Parents of minors (children under 18 years of age) assume responsibility for their children’s use of the Internet through the Broadwater Parklands facilities.
- The Internet is an unmediated medium and Council is not responsible for the quality or content of material available. Broadwater Parklands does not monitor or have control over the information available and is not responsible for its content or availability. Broadwater Parklands expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility arising from access to, or use of, information obtained through electronic information systems, or any consequences thereof.