Search & apply for a Council job
City of Gold Coast is one of the largest local government employers in Australia.
We use Equifax eRecruit, a self-serve portal which enables you to apply for jobs with us online, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can also use eRecruit to sign up for job alerts.
Register with eRecruit to view and apply for current vacancies, including apprenticeships and student work experience.
View jobs Register here
For help with the application process please download our eRecruit Job Applicant Guide(PDF, 918KB)
If, after reviewing the guide you still need assistance, please email email@example.com. Include:
- your contact details
- reference number of the position
- a full description of your query.
Learn more about working with City of Gold Coast from some of our valued team members:
Inclusion & diversity
Inclusion and diversity are more than just words at City of Gold Coast. We celebrate an inclusive workplace culture that promotes and values diversity. Our employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas. At the City of Gold Coast, we see all forms of diversity as real value for the City and a reflection of our community.
We advertise apprenticeship opportunities on eRecruit when positions become vacant. These opportunities can cover trades such as:
- sign writing
- boiler making
- fitting and turning.
An apprenticeship term generally lasts for 4 years.
If you're considering an apprenticeship with us, please:
- Create a new account in eRecruit.
- Register for job alerts for apprenticeship opportunities.
Student work experience
Our Student Placement Program aims to help university and TAFE students gain real world skills to complement their study. To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- you must be currently studying
- the placement must be a requirement or relevant to your course
- your university/TAFE must provide insurance coverage for the duration of the placement.
To register your interest to be considered for a placement:
- Create a new account/profile in eRecruit.
- Submit an expression of interest in the 'Student Work Experience' vacancy listed in the 'Latest jobs' section of this portal. You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter. Ensure your letter covers details such as:
- the name of your current course
- the date you are available from
- the total number of days you need
- the reason/s why you want to complete your placement at the City of Gold Coast (most important).
Placement availability depends on the business' capacity to provide effective on-the-job experience. We try to accommodate as many students as possible but can't guarantee that all applicants will be placed.
Our Training Administration team will notify you of the outcome of your placement. For enquiries about the process or the result of your application please email TrainingAdministration@goldcoast.qld.gov.au
Flexible work options that enhance work and life balance, generous superannuation and a social club are benefits. Find out more below.
We offer employees access to flexible work options* that enhance their work life balance, including:
- nine-day fortnights
- flexible work arrangements.
*where operational requirements permit
- The current Certified Agreement contains provisions for increases in pay. View the current Certified Agreement(PDF, 2MB)
- Salaries and wages are paid weekly into a nominated bank account.
- City employees receive a generous superannuation payment:
(a) 10% in the first year and 12% thereafter, or
(b) 12% from the first year if the employee also contributes 6%.
- Senior executives receive vehicle allowance.
- All employees have the option to buy a vehicle under our novated leasing scheme.
Other employee benefits
- salary sacrifice provisions, vehicles on novated lease and superannuation
- study allowance provisions, plus a strong emphasis on developing our people
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides 24-hour nationwide confidential counselling services for employees and their families. The program covers both personal and work-related problems
- employee gyms based at the Nerang and Bundall offices
- active Social Club with weekly raffles and various events throughout the year
- Corporate Health Plan with Bupa and Medibank
- Commonwealth Bank (corporate bank) discounted home and personal loan rates
- provision for employees to apply for mid-career breaks after 7 years' service
- reimbursement and salary sacrifice of relocation expenses by negotiation (before commencing employment)
- standard 4 weeks annual leave each year (plus 17.5% loading, not including Executive positions)
- three weeks of personal leave per annum (including leave to care for family)
- a range of other generous leave entitlements
- paid maternity leave – up to 12 weeks, and paid paternity leave – 1 week
- ability to take long service leave pro-rata after 7 years of service.