City social media channels
Join our social media community and find out what's happening in and around the Gold Coast.
Social media community guidelines
Our social media channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, aim to inform, educate, engage and inspire residents, visitors and businesses within our local government area.
We encourage open discussion, and to create a positive and engaging environment for the community we ask all users to treat each other with respect. Users may disagree with an idea or a person's viewpoint; however, we ask that you remain respectful when conveying that point of view to others.
City of Gold Coast does not accept responsibility for community comments – they are not representative of the opinions of City of Gold Coast, nor do we make any warranty to their accuracy.
Posts on City of Gold Coast social media pages may be deleted or hidden as determined in the City of Gold Coast’s absolute discretion if they contain:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, racist, homophobic or sexist language, links or images
- insults, threats or harassment of other users
- information that may compromise the safety or security of the public
- any discussion or promotion of behaviour that is unlawful
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation
- solicitations, advertisements, endorsements or spam
- off-topic posts by a single user
- repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
- any other inappropriate content or comments as determined by City of Gold Coast.
When interacting with our social pages the City of Gold Coast requests that you:
- exercise courtesy
- are respectful to others at all times
- do not post personal addresses or phone numbers
- acknowledge that the City of Gold Coast cannot check the accuracy of every post and does not take any responsibility for reliance on posts on this page.
Users who do not comply with these social media community guidelines will be blocked from the page at the absolute discretion of the City of Gold Coast.
Social media posts and comments must also adhere to that platforms' own community guidelines, user agreements and policies.