Music Action Plan 2021
The Music Action Plan 2021 (MAP 2021) provides a blueprint for the City that will positively impact the live music sector on the Gold Coast by providing access to resources, promotion of Gold Coast music nationally and internationally and stronger partnerships across all tiers of government, peak bodies, and private enterprise.
View the Music Action Plan 2021(PDF, 1MB)
The Plan identifies four strategic outcomes:
- Everyone can experience great music
- Gold Coast artists and music businesses thrive
- Positive national and international perceptions
- Coordinated City commitment and delivery
The Plan's key actions will be achieved through programs that:
- Develop the skills of artists and music industry (EXCEED)
- Develop a planning framework to support live music (UNLOCK)
- Build our reputation as a music city (JOLT)
- Harness the City's capacity to provide leadership and investment (LEAD)
We recognise the immense musical talent that exists in our city and we will continue to support and recognise not only the musicians that contribute to shaping our cultural identity but the venues and professional service providers that work behind the scenes.
The MAP 2021 marks our commitment to recognising and supporting our music scene to flourish both locally and internationally as we position ourselves as a live music friendly city.
The development of the MAP 2021 would not have been possible without the valued contribution from the local scene and industry partners from across the country. The City looks forward to working together to realise the full potential of the Gold Coast's music sector into the future.