The Creative Tourism Grants Program helps the City deliver on our Culture Strategy 2023 – supporting the Gold Coast’s distinct culture. The program aims to:
- enrich our city’s visitor experience – to surprise and delight
- expand the range of creative tourism experiences for visitors and locals
- build our city’s profile, appeal and reputation for unique creative experiences
- increase audiences for our creative cultural product
- generate local economic activity through creative and artistic projects.
Supporting our creative industry
Creative Tourism Grants support projects underpinned by the work of professional artists – their ideas, platforms and/or products. Projects must show they will have a reasonable tourism impact. Grants of up to $50,000 are available to Gold Coast based organisations and groups towards:
- new creative tourism projects
- a new phase of development/delivery for existing creative tourism projects
- unique partnerships between the arts and tourism sectors/operators
- start-up ideas that need further testing, research and development
- projects engaging with creative products and businesses in new and interesting ways
- one-off events or activities.
- Applications open: 27 September 2021
- Applications close: 15 November 2021
- Notification: February 2022
Key documents & how to apply
For more information on who is eligible to apply, the assessment process and how to submit an application, review the following documents:
Before you start your application, you are encouraged to contact the Arts and Culture team to discuss your application.
Phone: 07 5582 9258
Sign up for announcements
Subscribe to keep updated on program announcements including how to apply.
View our Privacy notice.