The grant funding for this program is to encourage community participation in on-ground actions that improve the condition of water environments across the Gold Coast.
The Catchment and Citizen Science Program allocates funding each financial year to:
- foster community understanding about water catchment health
- encourage community participation in activities that improve the condition of water environments across the Gold Coast.
Funding for Catchment and Citizen Science Grants is made in accordance with the Community Grants Policy. Community organisations are asked to review the Policy prior to application to ensure they meet eligibility and requirements.
Who can apply?
- be a community organisation
- operate within the Gold Coast
- have an adequate level of public liability insurance for the project (where appropriate)
- not be an ineligible applicant.
Ineligible applicants are defined under Council's Community Grants Policy.
Applicants must be able to:
- propose a project that falls within one of the following four categories:
- citizen science
- landcare activities
- environmental events
- waterway litter clean-ups
- demonstrate a public interest benefit for the project
- demonstrate that the project has a defined outcome that will benefit residents of the Gold Coast
- complete the project within 12 months of the date of remittance of funds.
All projects funded by the Catchment and Citizen Science Program must be acquitted within 8 weeks of project completion or 12 months from the date of remittance of funds (whichever is earlier).
Any unspent or unacquitted funds must be returned to Council along with the acquittal report(PDF, 104KB)
How to apply
Applications for Catchment and Citizen Science grants are received via one round each year.
Applications from $1000 to $30,000 are welcomed.
Please review the Community Grants Policy prior to application to ensure you meet eligibility and requirements.
Application forms will become available on this page when the next round opens.
Details of allocation will be published following determination of applications.
Catchment & Citizen Science Program
Catchment Management Unit