The Community Event Grants Program (including annual community events) is a divisionally based program that allocates funding each financial year to support community organisations to deliver events that are open to the public and are in the public interest.
Funding for Community Event Grants is made in accordance with the Community Grants Policy. Community organisations are asked to review the Policy prior to application to ensure they meet eligibility and requirements.
Who can apply?
- be a community organisation
- operate within the Gold Coast
- have an adequate level of public liability insurance for the project.
- not be an ineligible applicant.
Ineligible applicants are defined under City of Gold Coast's Community Grants Policy.
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate that members of the public are not restricted in attending this event (not withstanding COVID-19 restrictions)
- demonstrate the primary purpose of the event is a general community benefit and not to benefit the community organisation itself (for example, annual awards night would not be supported)
- demonstrate the event will benefit residents of the Gold Coast
- deliver the event within 12 months of the date of remittance of funds.
Events must not:
- be funded from other Council sources
- be used for repayment of a debt
- be for the sole purpose of fundraising for transfer to a third party
- have been delivered prior to remittance of funds.
All projects funded by the Community Event Grants Program over $2000 must be acquitted within 8 weeks of project completion.
Any unspent or unacquitted funds must be returned to City along with the acquittal report(PDF, 104KB)
How to apply
Applications for the Community Event Grants Program are currently open and are accepted and assessed on an ongoing basis. Please note that funding allocated may be exhausted prior to the end of the financial year.
Applications from $250 to $50,000 are welcomed.
Please review the Community Grants Policy prior to application to ensure you meet eligibility and requirements.
Note: Applications must be received at least one month prior to the event date to allow time for processing.
Apply via City of Gold Coast SmartyGrants.
Community Grants Administrator