The Community Event Grants Program (including annual community events) is a divisionally based program that allocates funding each financial year to support community organisations to deliver divisional/local events that are open to the public and are in the public interest.
Funding for Community Event Grants is made in accordance with the Community Grants Policy. Community organisations are asked to review the Policy before applying to ensure they meet eligibility and requirements.
Please make sure you apply to the relevant Division where your event is taking place. For example, if your event is taking place at Kurrawa Park in Broadbeach, then select Division 10 in your application, as the park is located in Division 10. If your event is a city-wide focused event (attendees from all over the Gold Coast), select the Mayors Division in your application.
Who can apply
- be a community organisation
- operate within the Gold Coast
- have an adequate level of public liability insurance for the project.
- not be an ineligible applicant.
Ineligible applicants are defined under City of Gold Coast's Community Grants Policy.
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate that the event is open to the public to attend
- demonstrate that members of the public are not restricted in attending this event
- demonstrate the primary purpose of the event is a general community benefit and not to benefit the community organisation itself (for example, annual awards night would not be supported)
- demonstrate the event will benefit residents of the Gold Coast
- deliver the event within 12 months of the date of remittance of funds.
Events must not:
- restrict members of the general public from attending the event
- be funded from other Council sources
- be used for repayment of a debt
- be for the sole purpose of fundraising for transfer to a third party
- have been delivered prior to remittance of funds.
All grants provided under this program must be acquitted by 30 June in the financial year that the grant is awarded or in accordance with the funding agreement.
You must return any unspent or unacquitted funds to us along with the acquittal report(PDF, 104KB).
How to apply
Applications for the Community Event Grants Program are open. They are accepted and assessed on an ongoing basis. Please note that funding may be exhausted before the end of the financial year.
Note: You must lodge an application at least one month before the event date to allow time for processing.
Applications from $250 to $50,000 are welcome. Applications over $20,000 must be submitted at least 3 months before the event date to allow time to present at Council.
Please review the Community Grants Policy before applying to make sure you meet eligibility and requirements.
Apply via SmartyGrants.
Community Grants Officer