The Community Facility Grants Program allocates funding each financial year to support the delivery of capital projects on Council-controlled land where a community organisation holds a lease or licence. Applications can be either for shovel ready projects, or “seed” funding for conceptual ideas to fully scope, plan, design and obtain cost estimates for a future project.
Funding for Community Facility Grants is made in accordance with the Community Grants Policy. Community organisations are asked to review the policy and speak with the Recreational Services team prior to applying to ensure they meet eligibility and requirements.
Who can apply
- be a community organisation
- operate within the Gold Coast
- hold (or have approval from Council to hold) a lease or licence over Council-controlled land
- not have any outstanding maintenance works or rectification notices pursuant to any leasehold interest over Council-controlled land
- have an adequate level of public liability insurance for the project (where appropriate)
- not be an ineligible applicant.
Ineligible applicants are defined under Council's Community Grants Policy.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- a public interest benefit for the project
- that the project has a defined outcome that will benefit residents of the Gold Coast
- that all eligibility requirements have been met
- that the project can be delivered within the timeframe and budget proposed in the community organisation's application.
For more information download the Community Facility Grants Program brochure(PDF, 684KB)
Projects that will be delivered over an agreed extended period (that is, for large construction) will be subject to monthly reporting via a reporting template. It will be expected that the applicant would update Council on the financial and non-financial progress of the project.
All projects funded by the Community Facility Grants Program must be acquitted within 8 weeks of project completion or 12 months from the date of remittance of funds (whichever is earlier).
Any unspent or unacquitted funds must be returned to Council along with the acquittal report(PDF, 104KB).
How to apply
The Community Facilities Grants Program is a rolling program with applications accepted throughout the year, subject to funds being available. Please note there are two application forms; one for confirmed projects, and one for funding to investigate and plan for a future project.
Applications from $5000 to $250,000 are welcomed, noting that funding is allocated yearly as part of Council's annual budget in June.
All approved grants will be subject to a deed of agreement outlining terms and conditions applicable.
Please review the Community Grants Policy prior to application to ensure you meet eligibility and requirements.
Apply online via City of Gold Coast SmartyGrants.
Confirmed project funding
Future project funding
Community Facility Grants Program