The Seniors Month Grants Program allocates funding each financial year to support community organisations in delivering projects that celebrate Seniors Month. Projects funded under this program must deliver the project (or hold the event) within the dates nominated annually by the Queensland Government.
Funding for the Seniors Month Grants Program is made in accordance with the Community Grants Policy. Community groups are asked to review the Policy prior to application to ensure they meet eligibility and requirements.
Who can apply?
- be a community organisation
- operate within the Gold Coast
- have an adequate level of public liability insurance for the project (where appropriate)
- not be an ineligible applicant.
Ineligible applicants are defined under Council's Community Grants Policy.
Applicants must be able to:
- deliver a project that celebrates Seniors Month within the dates set annually by the Queensland Government
- demonstrate a public interest benefit for the project
- demonstrate that the project has a defined outcome that will benefit residents of the Gold Coast.
All projects funded by the Seniors Month Grants Program must be acquitted within 8 weeks of project's completion.
Any unspent or unacquitted funds must be returned to Council along with the acquittal report(PDF, 104KB).
How to apply
Applications for the Seniors Month Grants Program are submitted in one round:
Applications from $500 to $5000 are welcomed.
Application forms are available on this page when the round is open.
Community Grants Administrator
Funded community grants
To view lists of recipients from recent funding periods visit this section of the Community Grants Program page.